1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Lag on wired connection with superhub

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JamesPearlEX, 5 Feb 2013.

1. JamesPearlEX

JamesPearlEX What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I just bought a 30m CAT6e cable so I can plug my pc directly into the Superhub as I am sick and tired of the constant disconnections and lag spikes I keep getting in game. However, I now get constant lag in bf3, even though my ping is fine. My download speed is 60+ so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Any ideas why I get even worse lag on a wired connection than I do on wireless?

Thanks,
    James

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Cause bt suck for gaming pings is a general oppinion.

Bt see gaming as p2p mmos suffer very much on bt. Had alot of issues with getting wow to even patch due it been p2p downloader.

Depending on the game your playing the ping will vary alot.

3. jizwizard

jizwizard Modder

I do believe the superhub is virgin

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Virgin follow BT path on P2P and block or slow all connections. Which includes any games that require it so it would not make too much dif

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Heard a rumor today virgin ids going to bee bought out by some American company.

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Liberty Global, talks are on-going atm though Liberty has tried to buy the company a few times- current bid is £12.7 Billion.

Update seems a deal has been done for the acquisition of VM by Liberty Global on a mixture of cash and stocks, will be interesting to see what happens to VM now.

Last edited: 6 Feb 2013