1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Greentrident

Greentrident Member

Elite: Dangerous - without giving too much away the final boss fight is awesome!

2. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I just finished Broken Age. Only real complaint is all the holes left in the plot. It really feels like it needs an Act 3.

3. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Member

Finally completed Mass Effect 2.

I feel a bit underwhelmed to be honest. It felt a lot shorter than the original, where I was given the opportunity to fully explore the galaxy because of the huge amount of side missions. I felt like too many of the side missions in Mass Effect 2 took place in
    Omega
    and
    Illium
    . Did I do something wrong? I've restarted a playthrough now, hoping that it feels more fulfilling the second time around. Also,
    the final mission came around so quickly. It felt like I was going into the mission where Kaiden dies in Mass Effect 1, but instead it just ended.

Right now, I am absolutely jonesing for a Game of Thrones type of game, not the Telltale one. I might kick up Skyrim, but I'm looking for something a bit more real, if you know what I mean. Fewer dragons, no magic, 'feels like it could've taken place in early 12th Century Europe' kind of game.

4. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

Recently completed Infested Planet. Pretty good fun for around a tenner.

5. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Battlefield Hardline: This is really quite a shockingly poor game and how this was released as a full priced game escapes me. I think what really spoilt it for me is the guns were vastly under powered. Once I had what I thought was a decent sniper rifle turned out to be useless for anyone more than a few feet away. But most of the guns felt weak. I saw little point in stealth taking out the baddies if you could not then hide the bodies.
    I will play it again just to get the rest of the collectables and it seems I did not get nearly all the weapons, not sure what I was supposed to do to achieve that.

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Completed Tomb Raider, it's a great game. I only owe myself to completing a game; i'm not a nutter that cares about 100%'ing a game.

7. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Member

Little Inferno, got it in the summer sale and played a straight 7.5 hours until completed, I did have to cheat by looking up combos I couldn't figure out though - so the game would have lasted a good bit longer if I hadn't cheated.
    Anyway it was a fun little game and I think my cheating was inspired by the fact I wanted to advance the story to see what happens next.

8. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Batman: Arkham Origins
    Yeah as everyone has said its a major low for the series! Nowhere near as engaging and enjoyable as the other two. The blackgate joker stuff was mildly entertaining the rest was mostly a button bashing grind. Happy its out of the way just in time for Arkham Knight! :clap:

9. rma

rma Member

Far Cry 4!

Really enjoyed it although my weaponry became a bit too powerful towards the end :)

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Portal 2 - quite amusing ending with the turrets song

11. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Bulletstorm. Great game when you're buggered and don't want to follow a plot.

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood; not as good as New Order but an enjoyable, atmospheric shooter nonetheless.

13. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

GTA V

Well, the main storyline, anyway. Apparently I only completed ~70% of it. I feel that I should be more impressed than I am - I can't find fault with anything in the game but I just feel a bit 'meh'. Having said that, I feel the last mission was a bit disappointing, but there again the only way that it could have matched up with the rest of the game would have had to have the characters:

• Driving cars out of a plane (on fire) into another plane (also on fire).
    • Disarming a nuclear weapon on the plane whilst fighting off ninjas with electrified katanas.
    • Jumping into a handy nearby helicopter on the plane, then starting it in mid air whilst the plane crashes into a mountain that causes an avalanche.
    • All while dodging blasts from ion cannon satellites.

In summary: glad I played it, but I won't be going back - well, maybe to finish off any remaining missions.

14. aarhus1972

aarhus1972 New Member

I've been playing a lot of retro games lately. Games I remember from my childhood, but never finished.

Heroes Might & Magic III
    Dune II

Especially Dune II is in my opinion a remarkably good game. It is created by Westwood Studios and is the forerunner for Red Alert, which is obvious when you play it. The most defining difference between Dune II and Red Alert is that in Dune II it ain't possible to mark an area to pick units, but it's necessary to click on each of them individually.

15. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Member

Battlefield 4, mostly to kill some time, completed in about a day. Been working through Arkham Asylum as I got part way through in the past then lost all my save games, and wanted to be able to play through all the games before playing Arkham Knight (Xbox One).

16. Pete J

Pete J RIP Teelzebub

Far Cry 3

Bloody brilliant game - what Far Cry 2 should have been! The combat is the most free-flowing I have ever played in an FPS - I felt truly lethal as I ran around stabbing and shooting.

Batman: Arkham Origins (with Cold, Cold Heart)

Actually the second time I've played through. Enjoyed it but Arkham City is definitely superior on reflection - I've yet to play Arkham Knight but will be giving it a while so that the developers can sort it out.

Next up is Far Cry 4...

17. iancowell

iancowell Member

Far cry 4 and wolfenstien new order

18. WoodSmoke

WoodSmoke New Member

19. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Member

Was owed some time back from work so decided to put in some time to revisit Fallout New Vegas ahead of Fallout 4 being released.

Had played it a bit previously but never got into it properly.

Still doesn't fell quite the same game that Fallout 3 was though even though I still enjoyed playing it. Probably shows in the difference in gaming hours 130 (3) vs 50 (New Vegas).

20. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member