1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. October

October Mariachi Style

Amazing lens, I absolutely love mine. I finally managed to change the mount on my Minolta 58mm 1.4 so I'll probably be using it a bit more but the Helios is still the nicer lens to work with.

Also it's amazing how many varieties that lens comes in, I've bought two (one for my gf) and they're different from each other and neither of them look like yours :lol:

2. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

[​IMG]

Bought a pebble in the states, well two, one's probably going on eBay as gf now doesn't want it, and it'd help pay the holiday off!

Loving it, change the faces, good for running with since I use runkeeper, had a lot of attention when out on the piss last night. Now have my phone completely on silent and with no vibrate. Very cool.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks pretty cool, what do you reckon of it? How's the weight?

4. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

I really like it, am changing the strap as thats fairly naff. Funny you should ask the weight as i weighed it yesterday for my friend, comes in at about 40grams so really very little. The screen isn't particularly scratch resistant by looks of things so shall probably get something to cover it without it looking rediculous. The charger is pretty cool, snaps onto the side by magnets and takes a couple of hours for a full charge. Seems to last around 3 days depending on the screen I'm using, if it has a second hand then it goes down a bit quicker.

I'll knock up a stand for it so I can take it off and charge it while at my desk at work I think. The vibration is pretty cool, quiet and not over the top. I did a flydrive around California and had my phone plugged into the aux socket of the stereo on random, was userful to skip tracks and read msgs without having to get the phone out the glovebox etc. I'm liking it a lot, playing snake when sat on the can feels like being in 1998 again with a Nokia.

5. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Definitely change the Pebble strap out - it's the first thing I did with my Kickstarted one. I've not had any problems with scratches though - but it isn't my every day watch. I can see the advantage of smart watches, and the Pebble is an excellent start in the genre that nobody has been able to match yet.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Chapters was doing teacher appreciation from the 27th until today so I took advantage of my brother to get 30% off a bunch of books, and even better, mother tagged along to the store so she bought me said books :D

In no particular order (notice how the majority of them are all the 1st book in multi-book series)
    Joe Abercrombie - The Blade Itself (Book 1 of The First Law Trilogy)
    Bernard Cornwell - The Winter King (Book 1 of The Warlord Chronicles)
    Stephen King - The Gunslinger (Book 1 of The Dark Tower Series)
    Brent Weeks - The Way of Shadows (Book 1 of The Dark Angel Trilogy)
    Margaret Weis - Dragon Wing (Book 1 of The Deathgate Cycle)
    Sam Sykes - Black Halo (book 2 of Aeons' Gate trilogy)
    Sam Sykes - The Skybound Sea (Book 3 of Aeons' Gate trilogy)

I'm also ordering these today since they didn't have them in store, and I want that 30% off.
    Glen Cook - The Black Company (Book 1 of The Chronicles of the Black Company)
    Brandon Sanderson - The Way of Kings (Book 1 of The Stormlight Archives)

7. PauloWhysalli

PauloWhysalli Confused.com

I love Blues music and after seeing the brilliant James Cotton in New York last year I've finally told myself I'm going to try and learn the "harp". So after a bit of research this turned up today!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a bit of the man himself (not that I will ever sound like this)

8. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

****, I got so excited for a moment when I saw this. Ultimately it's a total demote/let-down tho. If you're mole was a centimetre or so to the right we would be forearm/wrist twins. Sorry bud, hopefully you'll find it somewhere, don't give up looking.

9. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

FTFY :thumb:

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

FTSIDHT :thumb:

Fixed that so I didn't have to :-D

11. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

got my thinkpad in (x230 tablet)

idk wtf i'm supposed to be doing with the touch screen, but overall it's a pretty nice device

i didn't realize how godawful hard drives are... switching between things seems so slow. need an msata ssd asap

we'll see how the battery lasts tomorrow in class

12. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Happy owner of X230... Kinda hope I could go back in time and take the tablet -model :F And definetly get that SSD in that thing man! Daym....!

13. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Had both and found the extra size/weight a pain in the ass.

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

- be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 CPU cooler, my Noctua is just too big to allow me to use the nearest PCI slot to the CPU,

- Corsair AX760 PSU, my SST Strider's fan is making some annoying clicking now,

- 2GB EVGA GTX 770 ACX, my old 570 is beginning to show its age in games like ARMA3, so upgrade time!

New monitor will come at a later date, along with another GTX770 potentially.

15. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

As the wifi on my HTC One X has slowly come to a death I have decided to get one of these bad boys Sim free

[​IMG]

Yes in "Bitchin Fast Red".

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

3 cans of Tamiya acrylic paint and a small pot of sky blue.

something is getting sprayed tonight.

17. asura

asura jack of all trades

I die a little inside every time someone mangles a Rokkor :waah: at least it wasn't a 1.2 ;)

18. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

[​IMG]

first 3 seasons for £3

DEAL!!
    :rock:

19. October

October Mariachi Style

I wouldn't say mangled, I actually improved it :p the guy who had it before me definitely did a bit of a botch job but only with the mount, the lens itself is pristine. At least it's no longer gonna be sat on my shelf, it and my 85mm 1.4 are my go-to lenses at the moment!

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Decided to sell my highend Acer Aspire S7, got myself a lowend Aspire V5-131 (11.6" 1366x768, Celeron 1017U, upgraded to 8GB RAM, put in X25-M G1 80GB & Ubuntu 13.10). Works good enough, considering i use my notebook maybe 1-3 times per month :D. Not bad for 249 euros for the notebook itself, 60 euros for the 8GB RAM and 0 euros for my old X25-M G1 :D. Probably some money can be recovered by selling the 2GB RAM and 500GB hard drive originally installed in the notebook.