1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

adidan likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Had to grab one of these to go with the BMW:

[​IMG]

Kinda liking this new scale, scope for a lot of new tricks in them. I have a bunch of the smaller Technic ones as well which are great.

LennyRhys, Pete J, Big Elf and 3 others like this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C asphinctersayswhat

More bits for my brother's build.

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz

[​IMG]

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE

[​IMG]

Arboreal and Vault-Tec like this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Can't beat a bit of Thermalright. My go to now.

b1g-d0g and Byron C like this.
  6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Most boring of purchases I would not normally post but may be of interest to many based on energy use etc.

Our condenser tumble dryer packed up so time to replace, ( this guy died or the older version of it https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7979842 ) decided to jump on the heat pump train with the replacement.

This time of year we use one a fair amount, at least twice a week as outside is grim and we don't want everything hanging off things around the house.

Old dryer would use 4-6 units a run, this new guy hasn't used a unit per load yet and comes out lovely and dry, so over a quid a run cheaper at my rates and seems faster too which is a surprise considering things I had read about heat pumps needing more time.

The other thing we noticed was the old one would be pulling so much from the socket >3kw for so long that the plug would actually get warm, new one sips parsimoniously @ max 550W, hell of a difference.

Wifi connected, is awesome, no more looking in the utility to see if its done, though a small downside it powers off when done and you can't get status, so when it finishes early you don't know, software should send a notification but it hasn't done so yet, need to look into that.

[​IMG]

Haier I-Pro Series 7 Plus HD90-A3Q979U1 | Tumble dryers | Haier (haier-europe.com)

Obviously other brands are available and much cheaper ones too.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2023
    IanW and ElThomsono like this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Hey man I just bought two of those :D

[​IMG]

IanW and b1g-d0g like this.
  8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Not sure how good those JBLs will be at drying the bedding though :D

IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  9. Vault-Tec

lol just stick the washing in front of the port :D

10. Byron C

More stuff for my brother's build...

RX 6650 XT (PowerColor RX 6650 XT FIGHTER).

[​IMG]

Was only about £20 more than the 6600, so at that price why not get the slightly more powerful one. Should be more than good enough for 1080p 60fps for the next couple of years - especially for someone who does the vast majority of their gaming on a PS5 and currently only has a GTX 750 Ti in their PC...

I just need FedEx to not screw up the delivery from @Mojo, and I'll have everything in its new home by the weekend.

IanW, goldstar0011 and Arboreal like this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Byron C likes this.
  12. Byron C

It was the same price as that Asus card, but honestly I'm not that bothered - so long as the card doesn't literally cook itself or sound like a vacuum cleaner, it'll do fine. The intended recipient won't know or care about the difference, and will be getting such a massive upgrade either way. 3rd-gen i5 and a 750Ti to a 9600k and an 6650 XT! :grin:

I wasn't planning to buy the GPU today, but then I remembered that I can order up to 8:30pm on Scan and still have next day delivery.

IanW, Arboreal, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Alan Wake 2

IanW, Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  14. Byron C

Don’t forget the portable nuclear reactor you’ll need to power the PC - otherwise those system requirements are going to put a hefty dent in your power bill! :lol:

15. Vault-Tec

From what I have seen it is not all that bad. Easy to get it running at 1080p looking great on a modest card.

Waiting for the AMD performance figures now.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Small purchase this morning
    2018 22K on the close trendline with some extras, not that reg though

[​IMG]

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

just ofset the cost of heating the house and its all good. looks stunning in 4k cranked to buggery.

IanW and Byron C like this.
  18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Still on hols, and went to visit the House of Mouse yesterday.
    I... was weak.
    [​IMG]

UPDATE - I bought so much merch from assorted studios & theme parks that I've had to buy a second, larger suitcase to get it all home. Sadly, I couldn't fine one big enough for the 36-inch "blade" that goes with the lightsaber, so I've just taken it to a UPS store to be boxed up for the trip. Guess I'll have to pay excess baggage fees for it.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2023
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just picked up a black one of these and a couple of 21700s from fogstar, thanks for the recommendation :thumb:

Seems like a fine jobby for home use and should save charging as much - I'll save my others for our and about. Just adapting to using watts rather than volts and I've found the leather is comfier for home use where it's often glued to my hand.

A buy today
    [​IMG]

Snagged a 1Tb one off eBay with the 20% off made it £56 and I had a random 'please use us again and we'll give you £15' from Quidco that will make it just over £40 (which has tracked nicely)

Won't get used for a while, it's a preemptive extra storage for my belated PS5 'Slim' later in the year present.

Bloody_Pete, Byron C and IanW like this.
  20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So I'm back from the trip and have sorted the replacement, and they're... disappointing TBH.

I never expected them to get the best out of the SE846 because that would be downright unreasonable, but hoped they would come a little bit closer than they do. Could just be the reality of AAC, but the airpods pro/max manage to sound decent in spite of it. Its likely they sound better on Android devices, but not a recommend from me for iPhone.

I will keep them, since I could do with wireless buds for the gym anyway, but for anything else where wires aren't terribly inconvenient I'll be switching back, since I picked up two of the headphone adaptors at the airport anyway.