1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Unless it can tell when your phone's battery is charged, and unless the phone realises when it's getting an external source with a full battery and runs off that instead then it will indeed murder your phone's battery.

Alternatively, learn to use a map/memorise directions. :p

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

breakfast/lunch of champions/students.

3. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

These two just came through the door :D

[​IMG]

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Thanks, it's a bloody nice car too (unless ur a badge snob, but I think we at bittech tend to be a little more enlightened).

5. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I actually miss those days, I generally cook a lot and eat very well now...but god I get pot-noodle cravings now and then.

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Its the first one I've had in about 2 years... they've changed them. By making them less fake and plastic they've made them far far worse.

Imma stick to the old 39p Sainsbury's Chicken ones.

7. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Again, what you're saying does not make sense. It sees the usb battery add on as just another charging power source. So once it detects that it is fully charge, it will stop drawing power from the external battery, simple as that.

8. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Okay, I get what you're saying there, but what about when the internal battery registers a dip in power? It'll go straight back to external power and charge up again, and with you using GPS that dip in power will come far sooner than usual.

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Not sure what you mean by dip in power. The phone doesn't start charging only when it's empty, it essentially charges while you use the phone. Either way, I'm not worried. I doubt it works any different to an in car ciggarete lighter charger/mains supply.

10. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

My point, and I think Mankz's too, was that if the external charger/battery kicks in as soon as the phone registers that the battery has depleted ever so slightly and then recharges it again it'll screw the battery.

It's like with laptops. Rather than leaving it plugged in all the time with the battery installed, you either run it off the battery then recharge it when depleted or you remove the battery and run it off the mains else you can wreck the laptop's battery.

It all depends on how the Wildfire handles being plugged in on a long term basis. If it draws no power from its own battery when fully charged and plugged in then no harm is done.

11. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I don't know why people are so worried about their batteries dying. I have abused the battery on my HP 2710p laptop for the past two years and I've only had to replace it a couple of weeks ago because the charge it could hold went below 2 hours (which is not acceptable when I have classes 3 hours in length).

The same goes for my HTC Desire. It's a year old now and the battery has received a lot of abuse. It goes in the charger every night when I go to sleep and yet again when I return from school at 4 pm. The battery doesn't seem to be damaged in any way.

Oh and if the battery of your preferred portable electronic gadgets does let out the magic smoke you can get knockoff replacements from eBay costing around 25£ and being no worse than the OEM battery your gadget came with.

Edit: For grammarz.

12. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I think most people worry, including me, because of the older nickel based rechargables which didn't like abuse, and benefited from a good drain and recharge every once in a while. Lithium based batteries seem to be able to cope with a lot, but the mentality still remains.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

It's not quite like laptops, because lithium batteries do not have to be emptied to be recharged. They can be charged before they are emptied, and can be topped upped with no detrimental effects. Nickel Metal Hydride batteries on the other hand (NiMH), DO need to be drained before charging.

14. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Preordered: Wacom Inkling and baby kindle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It's not quite the same thing being a different handset and charging source, but I use a Freeloader Pro to top up the charge in my iPhone 3GS almost daily, and it hasn't had any adverse effects on the life of the iPhone battery at all. My iPhone gets discharged 1 & 1/2 times per day - has done since I bought it because it doubles as my satnav in the car as well as being an email/web/planne device and of course phone as well! It's rate of discharge hasn't changed noticeably in almost two years of very constant use.

16. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

You could've made a half decent meal for what that cost!

17. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This for Linux (It's also available for Windows & Mac):-

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

A bunch of DVDs:
    Inglorious Basterds
    Pirates of the Carribean - On stranger tides
    The Mechanic

19. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Synology DS211J
    2 books about wargame figurines.
    2 books about wood carftmanship.
    A few steam games : Civ V, Magic the gathering 2012, NFS Shift

20. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

A Razer Goliathus Extended edition is on the way :).