1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

I have a wife with a vast shoe collection... that's enough horror for any man to deal with...

2. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

i dont get you what you mean??

3. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

The euro pricing is way higher than the GBP cost. It's £5.78 here, so should be around 7 euro.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I couldn't get into the Amnesia demo, it felt like watching a poorly made interactive film.
    It was a little bit of a let down after how much I enjoyed the Penumbra games.

On a side note, anyone know why they don't include Enemy Territory: Quake Wars in the Quake Collection pack?

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

If you want it i can gift it to you at the UK price?

EDIT: Just grabbed Amnesia (@ 76% off:D) and The Ball

Last edited: 29 Dec 2010
  6. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

That's Amnesia bought!

And I just noticed that when you buy a game for gifting purposes that has a special discount then that discount also applies for the gifted game. E.g. Amnesia is 76% off also for gifting purposes. How nice is that... :)

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Thanks for the offer (pingu666 also offered). I'm still not sure if I want the games even at this price. I *loved* them when they were new, but I'm not sure they hold up so well. Apart from Quake 4, that is.

8. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Are those Brothers in Arms games worth getting? 8.74€ for all three.

9. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

The game was pretty decent when it came out iirc, however the graphics and gameplay will have aged really badly. There are other better games out there.

10. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

These games should have been fantastic, but failed to deliver IMO.

The designers deliberately wanted you to use your squads (or sections if you're British!) to take out the enemy rather than take them on yourself, so the power of your own weapons was massively reduced, making them virtually useless.

You could line up the most perfect headshot with your M1 Garand, M1 Carbine or whatever, and the enemy would still survive.

The concept of relying on your squads is fine - as long as they stay alive, but the games are designed so you have to stay out of the fight yourself rather than get stuck in.

I played all the way through the first two games, but it was a slog.

Freedom Fighters was so much better.

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Thanks for the input on the Brothers in Arms series. Sounds like I'm going to pass on them.

Actually, it reminds me a bit of one of the more annoying "features" of Mass Effect. Even though everything relies on you (Shepard) surviving fights your squad stays behind at all times, effectively putting the main character in the line of fire at all times. But I digress... :)

12. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Except for, oh i don't know, most of the characters and the storyline maybe?

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

It just struck me, that the socalled Quake Collection doesn't even include Quake 4. How odd.

14. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I first got steam when HL2 came out in 2004. Didn't buy anything from them till Episode 1 (in the Orange Box) :D.

Also, @murry, I didn't use steam calculator or anything, just added it all up from "all transactions" in my account page.

Someone posted a link to a site a while ago, that you entered your username into, and it added everything up, only problem was it used RRPs or something, so it was miles over what I'd actually spent, nearly three times IIRC, :D

16. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

hope you have alot of spear underwear mate, you'll need it.

17. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I game in the nude... :p

18. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on Amnesia yet is because I fear I may not be able to finish it. Dead Space was about my limit for scariness/tension :blush:

19. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I'm waiting for it to be silly money like Dirt 2, codemasters games fall a lot after a while.

That way if I don't like it or it doesn't run so good I won't be that bothered.

Of course if codemasters had released a demo they might have had my money by now.:wallbash:

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

its a very diffrent type of fear.... Dead Space is predictable action/jump behind you/jump in front of you kind of game.

Amnesia is more like, here is the mutant/scary baddy thing right in front of you.... slowly limping towards you in the gloomy dark light... deal with it.
    Or you can hear it for 5 even 10 minutes.... its behind you... or is it? to scared to look back, fuking run to the closet/room and pile things at the door and poo your self!!!! D:

Last edited: 30 Dec 2010