1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London should have an F1 course and be a functional part of the F1 Calendar

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 19 Jan 2015.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Funny, the car's got a different livery...

/morejoykilling

More topically, just imagine the amount of collateral damage to buildings and fixtures if F1 cars came off an inner-city London track.

2. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Passing through the Admiralty Arch doesn't seem too safe at 80mph, specially if there is two F1 cars side by side. :D

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

its just part of the course, fatality is a part of F1, the structure will be protected also for ref the structures are not important sport is important and life... every thing is going to turn into dust any way, F1 represents the height of every thing.

I am working on some thing big towards making f1 happen in London at the moment but I am isolated about it with no connection with f1 at all which is a shame but I will make sure I do the best I can then hopefully f1 can take over what I have done in the summer or at least that can talk to me.

Reference Monaco as a boring course,

If you drive it real or virtually its a whole other level, Monaco is insane it has deep character, pace, passion, meaning.

I think its the third corner after the tunnel is the greatest slip left and huge bump right on any course, it is almost the reason of this course.

I have never been more alive than on Monaco, its a personal test, my best is 1:55 and I did the very best I could in like the 312t and Lotus 98T.

Monaco is supreme, but you have to see it with your own eyes even if its 74fps with full candy on with a t500 in a cockpit and sound.

F1 should be in London, the fact it is not here indicates there is a problem some place from a met police perspective I can understand it is extra work but F1 have said they will arrange what ever is required plus you can put a limitation around the ring that f1 will occupie.

I deeply want to see f1 in London, we deserve it, we are a power of good in the world and exemplify all that is knowable.

London in F1 is a good thing.
    Things can go this way and that but defiantly F1 should exist in the capital of the historic London.

London is a platform for not just Business but an indicator of well being, sports, speed, personal pursuit and excellence.

Saying London can not hold F1 to me means there is a huge problem some place about passion.

We need F1 in London to shake the cob webs, we need a project like F1 in London.

We don't have any thing to hide or hinder an amazing F1 in London, the history is there to be written.

4. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Pfft, a city track is old news. As you point out Monaco has already got one, you can't dust off the London cobwebs by just copying someone else. I therefore propose a floating track on the River Thames. This will ensure that no property can be damaged by any accidents and anyone attempting to get onto the track can just be fired upon by the Royal Navy.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  5. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I really hate F1 city circuits. I watch most of the F1 races but I've never managed to watch a whole race at Monacco. It's just tediously dull and does nothing to get me excited.

I'd agree with other people who say that F1 doesn't really need another street circuit. It's not a question of what F1 can bring to London it's a question of what London can bring to F1 and to be honest I'm not sure it does anything other street circuits don't already do.

I would however love to see a motorcycle road race in London. That would be amazing.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Spoken like somebody who has never driven an F1 car but likes watching them explode, and like somebody who doesn't own a downtown London storefront and therefore doesn't mind if they get stoved in by flying wreckage.

This kind of reckless nihilism and thrillseeking isn't what facilitates the existence of motorsports; it's the greatest threat to the existence of motorsports. The Isle of Man TT only continued to exist in the face of growing concerns by clamping down on safety and standards. Fans buy into the daredevil mentality; some drivers allude to it for publicity (but set it aside for the races); no professional anything actually believes it.

Teenagers waving little flags like to dream that motorsports are a reckless gladiator's ring where life is cheap, but in actuality the people running these things are entirely preoccupied with minimizing risk and saving lives.

Simply put, I think you're only this cavalier because you wouldn't be involved or nearby when it all went hideously wrong.

7. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

thanks boiled_elephant for your thoughtful post and observations, its always a pleasure to read your posts and would be great if you posted more here as I like to read your posts.

OP, the bike idea is awesome, credit were it is due that is great and with the right safety measures in place it could happen, just like F1.

8. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Personal view:

Logistically a nightmare to put F1 in London. F1 is a rich sport which is why Monaco rules the street race.

Silverstone is home to F1 and nothing should happen to harm the jobs and investment that are there.

Get a petition going and see how many signatures you get!

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

They can't even keep up with potholes or control where people park there cars in London. Then you got to hope there's no bus strikes the days of the GP. This morning 45 min to travel 4 miles to stop off my ball and chain. F1 must never take place in London