1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Looking for a TV recommendation

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeStorm, 22 Sep 2023.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

2. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I got a OLED C9 from a few years ago , i just couldnt go back to LCD or anything like that. Actually feel like ive got more than my monies worth from the telly.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Even £1000 is really pushing the limit at the moment.

Cheers always forget that exists, worth checking out every now and again.

I think my only experience of an OLED is on my old Zune HD now that I think about it, was fantastic :D
    But I'm leaning towards a bigger and still nicer TV than we have now will still be a good step up, and then potentially OLED next time giving another nice step up when tech/prices have kept on improving hopefully.

4. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

[/QUOTE]I think my only experience of an OLED is on my old Zune HD now that I think about it, was fantastic :D
    But I'm leaning towards a bigger and still nicer TV than we have now will still be a good step up, and then potentially OLED next time giving another nice step up when tech/prices have kept on improving hopefully.[/QUOTE]

I think ive learnt my lesson with TV's ... buy cheap pay twice! I think the point i was making is that the £1300 i paid for it at the time , has lasted me 4 or so years so far , does everything i want it to at a pace , look utterly fantastic on new gen consoles ... i do think it was worth every penny i paid.

5. GeorgeStorm

Well originally the budget was <£500 (which is what the original TV cost) so have already decided it's worth spending a bit more, but with other costs etc at the moment can't justify any more!

Will keep an eye out for deals during November and see what happens job wise as a pay rise might help nudge it up some more :D

6. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Amen to being skint mate .. rent just went up £200 a month.

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

1k budget for a 65" OLED is not happening, you might get a 65" Mini LED screen for that from one of the up and coming brands but typical entry point for anything good from a traditional household name at 65 is ~1300. but that is assuming you care about the smarts and the audio, if not you might get something lower end with a good panel supported by lower spec hardware, Amazons QLED smart TV for example or the TCL C845K.

8. GeorgeStorm

Our household income just went down by 4 figures :lol:
    Oh I'm aware, it's more of a 55" OLED vs 65" Mini LED at this point, both will be entry level but yeah couldn't care less about any kind of inbuilt smart stuff as will be used exclusively via a PC, speakers we can survive with whatever as we've coped fine with much cheaper TVs this far, and can be something improved at a later date via a soundbar or something if needed.

Yeah I'm keeping an eye out but at the moment looks like it'll be between Hisense/TCL/Philips miniled, see if any more/better sales happen!

9. Ferino

Ferino Minimodder

Just bought a 48" LG C3 after an 11 year old samsung packed in. Was limited in size couldn't go bigger than 50, but the C3 is a superb screen, it's side on to the window at moment and there are a few reflections, but blinds closed or in the evenings it is sooooo much better than the previous screen we had. Just off for a few hours on the PS5 with it now.