Build Advice Low power-High performance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xp-T, 21 Aug 2011.

1. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Really not worth buying AMD right now and that CPU isn't exactly low power at 125W...

Wait for BD to come out. We are starting to get encouraging signs about it's performance.

3. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

Yeah i was thinking wait lol yeah 125W isn't but i need the cores lol yeah i'll wait.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

To add...

The case.. well, I am not going to say it sucks, because it does not.. but I am going to say, it's not quiet.
    I suggest to have a look at Fractal Design R3 case (available in black, titanium, silver, and white)
    http://fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=48

Good cooling, and everything to make it quiet, from HDD absorbing rubber system, to sound damping panels.

For the power supply, you should at least get a 80Plus certified one to get one at least somewhat or is, quiet (more efficient = less heat = quieter, and consumes a bit less energy).
    Have a look at Corsair HX or AX series (forget the TX and CX and GX).

I have the AX 750 80Plus Gold. That is 90% efficient PSU, it's so efficient and cool operating in comparison to other non-80Plus Gold certified ones, that the fan doesn't even kick in when my computer is idle.

CPU has already been said.

If budget allows, get case fans that are ultra quiet. They are a variety of models and brands out there that are very quiet, especially attached with those things, instead of screws:
    [​IMG]

may also look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Or similar. All the same results, I guess it's a question of patent dispute avoidance type of thing, so they play with the shape.

A bit annoying to install... but the result are worth the effort. Tip: Install back case fan BEFORE installing the motherboard, to have more room, and if your pliers slip, you won't break your motherboard.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2011
    xp-T likes this.
  5. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

I had plans to swap all the fans for these

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FG-059-AK&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=

Then install them with silicone washers, only 30p for the vibration.

CPU was going to be liquid cooled so really id only be using two-three max fans.

The case has the right design for me, I won't be taking advantage of all it's fan features...yet lol but thanks anyway.

I do like fractal cases but i had my heart set on this monster. My current system has four fans, lays on it's bottom and has no top on. My PSU's fan died so i removed it and placed two on top of each other so their blowing air in there lol

Oh and the HAF 932 has rubber little thingy's that hold your hard drive in place so that quietens them down.

The power supply, thank you. Id rather not waste money so that was a big help :)

6. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

Ah yes, i've seen them before. They are annoying little ****s to get in and mostly out. The HAF 932 advanced comes with them.

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yup, but worth the results.