1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Macro Black

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 1 Jan 2002.

1. relix

relix Minimodder

maybe what I am going to post will make you all hate me, but I just can't lie and I hope you will respect my taste and my opinion about that case.

IMHO, I think the case is just, "too" much modded. I don't like the window, I don't like the big white knobs and I don't like the feet. I think it's all a bit too flashy for me and it reminds me a bit of Las Vegas. Now please don't kill me, but I don't really like the case.

There are good things about it, for example I like the red-blue power/hdd led, I like the system you've created that the VFD takes over control of the system get's too hot, and there are a lot of other good things about it.

That's my opinion about it, and I hope you all respect it.

rel.

2. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

I have said this before so I'll just quote :D

3. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

What I want you to include in more detail please macro .....

1. details of what paints/tints/woteva you used to get the desired effects ....

2. how you did the feet

3. How you did the LCD mod

4. circuit diagrams of the fanbus thing

5. Where you got the knobs and buttons

edit* oops I see hi-tek has posted near enuff the same .... just put the whole damn lot in hte article macro ... I want to recreate it :)

4. relix

relix Minimodder

...where ? ;)

5. MetMODDER

MetMODDER What's a Dremel?

Bada55 case!

Well, i've figured out how he did everything except for the HD act and the led meter....... it's actully a really good ieda what he did. I would have never though to use the materials he did in that way.

Good job yo

6. relix

relix Minimodder

figured the HD thingie out

7. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

My thoughts exactly...dont get me wrong however I do like it when all the case lights are turned off.

8. macroman

macroman The One

Nobody is going to flame you for being honest and I respect your opinion. Quite frankly I am surprised at the very positive response Macro Black has had. As stated in the article the entire project was concieved as a pure modding exercise to demonstrate how a case with very distinctive characteristics could be modded in completely different ways and as such I would consider it a success.

As for being flashy, well everyone has their own opinion on that. One thing I would say, and I am being honest here, is that the case looks much better in real life than in the photos. The case is extremely difficult to photograph being a pure black mirror. As a consequence the lighting does sometimes appear over bright in the pics but in reality is much more subdued and easy on the eye than the photos would imply.

The main thing is, I like it. :D

9. relix

relix Minimodder

...and that's what counts :)

and I do believe the case must look better in real life

10. Faulky

Faulky What's a Dremel?

Your logo at the end macro - did you just use standard stencil and spray or another method? It look to 'clean' to have used that. Cheers, nice looking case :)

11. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Most pics dont do cases justice :)

And thats what moddin is about , at the end of the day if you like thats what counts :)

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Well I like it .... If I had the money I would be doing a similar thing to a clear pc right now .... but I just bought a new gfx card so that counts be out, maybe something cheaper

13. BENITOHUSTEDSKI

BENITOHUSTEDSKI What's a Dremel?

My god Macro!
    This is THE best case I have seen..... EVER.
    It has to beat any of the cool CPL cases.
    Maybe you could paint the inside of the black parts with flourescent spray paint, and then put a whole bunch of black lights inside it, but I wouldn't wanna phuck up that case.

14. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I still think it should have been purple:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Josh (he's 5) thinks it should have been blue, red, yellow, green and oringe.

Some very impresive modding, how did you do the fan speed indicators, I would like to poach the idea for my case. :D

15. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Very very nicely done macro ............. you seem to more than excel yourself with each succesive mod!!!! :D:D

Its the immense neatness and attention to detail that really impresses me; black and chromes not really my thing but god damn that is amasing ......... !!! :):)

16. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

That LCD rules.

17. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

thats the best looking case ive ever seen. the top window is totally trick. im not sure i like the lighted knobs but overall it incredible. great concept.

btw have you tried using red ccfl's and maybe changing the led's in the knobs and feet to red. as much as i lover my bloo ccfl's, im just thinking that an orange/red might look best.

18. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

It's actually a VFD (Vaccuum Flourescent Display) rather than an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). But hey, yeah, all Matrix Orbital's rock! :D

19. amorpha

amorpha What's a Dremel?

This is one of the most inspiring mods I've seen!:eek:
    I'd really like to know how you did the fiber-optic dots on the knobs and how you made the macro black logo.
    Awesome work macro!

20. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

yeah, i know i just got kinda mixed up.

Tags: Add Tags