1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married? At what age?

Discussion in 'General' started by vetlel, 8 Feb 2005.

1. vetlel

vetlel What's a Dremel?

Hurry find some paper! That light fitting isn't waiting!!!

Seeing the posts here; do i sense a younger age over on the other side? And a slightly bigger religious interest? Maybe i'm just looking to have my own thoiughts confirmed... Anyways, someone notice the same?

2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

My wife and I felt the same way, until one day she noticed I hadn't been to the doctor or the dentist in 5 years due to no health insurance. Not the most romantic, I know.

1990 to 1994- Best friends
    1994 to 1999- Living in sin-w00t
    1999 to 2005- Married, with all the ups and downs.

I'm 30, so I basically have known my wife 1/2 my life. I was 24 when we married and she was 23.

3. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

I'm 24, my Gf is 26. We've been together for 4 years. She's mentioned getting married once or twice, but I think we'll wait for at least another 4 years yet. I'd rather get a larger house etc first.

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

The day they let me do it via e-mail is the day I'll consider it.

Imo marridge is total farce and completly pointless. I have no intentions of ever taking in part in such a act.

5. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

Married at 19 for the last 3 years. :) GO SEX!

6. :: vic ::

:: vic :: Married to the Mod

Well my marriage is neither a farce nor pointless thanks very much.

Oh, and I was 21.

7. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I'm turning 20 this year and I'm not even near thinking about marriage. I don't even have a girlfriend to marry to, lol.

But even if I did have a girlfriend I wouldn't be thinking about marriage just yet. I don't feel ready at all. I'm still in college and still enjoying the not marriaged life too much.

But congrats to all of you who do/don't!

I've just started getting over my ex, and started thinking about finding a new gf... hmmmm damn, marriage looks so far away!

L

8. vetlel

vetlel What's a Dremel?

AAAArrrgggghhh!!! where the romance in that? Figured you plan your way through life then????

Bet your gf just wants to hear you say you love her every now and then...

9. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

Note the 'jk :D' bit, u've given it away! ur missus is on here as a member somewhere!!!

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I want to have a vampuric wedding...

mmmmmm, blood

11. silentriver

silentriver What's a Dremel?

im 26 been with my boyfriend for 5 years, we live together, have for 4 years.

The problem with getting married, is that it is such a big deal and costs too much. Seeing as my parents have 4 girls i wouldn't ask them to help. There are people my age married with 3 kids, which i can't imagine. I don't have anything to offer for children just now (1 bed flat). I think if i had the money or had children on the way we would get married. Though i would be worried if things changed though i would hope only instead of being called the g/f get called the missus which i basically do just now.

There is no point rushing in why spend thousands on a wedding then finding out it wasn't right down the line.

12. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Heh. I'm not sure where all she browses so I figured it was best to be safe. :hehe: And it you are reading this....I love you baby....I'll grovel later. :worried:

13. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i think the only reason i want to get married is to have a PHAT party payed by my parednt who have been saving eversince ive been able to walk... as being indian our parents get us married in a BIG way and its expensive as hell.

im hoping a huge wedding and lost of guests and food an free booze for every1(not just beer an wine).

other than that reason i think if i was in love with the girl an we had no plans i would just leave it just as it is an not get married until any1 says anything.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea, i think the fact she's mentioned it once or twice.. no, hang on, the fact you can remember her mentioning it means in reality she's probably secretly begging for you to ask her the question.

That's my point. Id rather spend 10 minutes signing a legal contract and spending the thousands on a very long holiday with my then wife. Afterall, i dont see the reason why there should be so much spent on a single day cause the act of marriage means that id be commited, i dont need a lavish ceremony to highlight/trivialise that fact.

15. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I am 23 and my wife is 24 and we got married last august. We are also getting married again in june in Beijing China this year as she is Chinese and her parents were unable to come here in the UK.

Ask me again in 20 years :) but I dont think Ill be agree ing to you.

I also agree with Fiz. I basicly planned everything and loved it and cant wait to do it again in 4 months and in china and experience another cultures way of getting married.

I disagree with this. I beleive people are getting married much older. My mum was 18 and my dad was 21 when they got married and my aunties all married before 20 and uncles before 25. Now days people getting married in their 30's.

I would not of waited until 30 to get married, too old then and even later to start to build a life together. You never know what is going to happen the next day and you might not even make it to 30/40/50/60 so why waste time and do it now and take every day like its the last

I want to have kids now so they are grown up and Im still young enough and do things with them.

Anyway I talk too much :)

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Buddist wedding?? If so, COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :thumb:

She gotta younger sister?? :naughty: Asian chicks rock.

17. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Nope, shes not religious which is a good thing :) and unfortunatly no sister :)

Sorry to disapoint mate. :hip:

18. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'd like to get married, but not for a while yet :)

I'm still going through the 'free and single, lets play' stage ;)

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:waah:

:sigh:

20. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Now I get why you aren't at IRC. :p

As some of you might know, my gf dropped me a month ago, so no marriage for me, at least for some years. :p

The cool thing about my wedding is going to be having the band I'm in playing at it. ;)
    Wedding + Scottish Bagpipes = The Best!