1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mass Effect 3 delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 May 2011.

1. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

One thing i'd actually like them to do is to develop a SaveGame Creator of some sort.

I do love the Mass Effect series, but i'll be damned if i'm going to spend ~50 Hours for every new character that i want to use in Mass Effect 3. Since let's be honest here, the benefits and experience of importing a savegame was much more rewarding than using the standard cardboard cutout Shepard.

Hell, take the PS3 ME1 Comic Book story, create an ME2 one and then combine both for the third game.

2. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Don't see the problem. If you want the extras, play them again. If not, live with it.

Plus I theres already something like that out there.

3. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Masseffectsaves.com

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I think this is linked to TOR. They can't release 2 games at once. Much better to delay ME3 so that they can concentrate on getting TOR out before the fans loose faith and the EA shareholders do their nut. And if it means they tweak ME3 a bit more before launch I can wait.

5. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Ah, don't we all wish we could hark back to the halcyon days of 'proper' Bioware releases that weren't directed by the corporate busybodies... These days we are left with what reports to be mediocre releases in Dragon Age 2, Star Wars TOR, and now perhaps even ME3! I thought ME2 did really well in a mass amrket way anyway? Why turn it into a shooter?

6. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

I suppose the more cynical may think this is EA clearing the decks for the behemoth that BF3 is likely to be. If they really want to defeat COD , as is their stated aim , this makes sense in that context.

7. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

How long does it take to delete all the combat sequences and just have a few corridors leading from one over-wrought conversation to the next?

That's what EA's doing, right?

8. Fizzban

EA don't make Mass Effect, Bioware do. And EA arn't stupid, they leave Bioware alone as much as possible. So making assumptions based on other EA Titles is...daft. Understandable granted, but ill informed.

9. Hrodwulf666

Hrodwulf666 Arse about tit master!

However long the delay Im sure the game will be worth its 'Wait' in Gold...:duh:

10. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Nooo!! But I guess with Skyrim and BF3, at least this won't clash now.

That's what I was thinking. ME2 certainly wasn't difficult/hardcore, so talk of simplifying ME3 is.. odd?

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

It was really BORING.
    Definitely do! The different classes radically change gameplay IMHO. Vanguard is my favourite at the moment: the biotic charge ability combined with a shotgun makes you feel like a battering ram of destruction!
    I hope they don't over simplify it either. ME2 was the minimum (or maximum :p ) amount of simplification I'd like to see.
    Man up! I've recently started my seventh-ish play through of the original, so that I then can complete my fourth play through of ME2. After all, each time a new DLC arrives, you have to do that, right? :hehe:

12. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

I already know about that and have done it for the ME2 games where i didn't have an original save.

Also they are still limited to what people have done in the past and uploaded as opposed to you making the choices yourself.

Well i'm glad that you have the time to sit through a whole 50 hours just to get the characters you want into the game, other people don't.

Also, the Mass Effect franchise has always been about your choices, your Shepard, case in point that if you wanted to play ME2 having saved the Council? Tough, you'll have to have played through ME1 first or import a save from the aforementioned site and hope that the choices made were somewhat agreeable.

And whilst i'm all fine with using the 3rd Party tools available (like the Savegame Editor), it'd be much nicer if there was an official way to do this since it's not the most user friendly way of doing things.

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

console gamers are running the show.. think you have to put the spoon in their chubby pieholes or they aren't going to buy it

=]

14. Fizzban

Use the Gibbed editor linked on that site. One of its many functions is the manipulations of save states. So make a new game on ME2 and save at the first opportunity, then load it up in the editor and pick what ME1 choices you want. You can also change the face, hair, hair colour, eyes, iris colour (and make them look like the illusive man's and change the colour of that too if you want) AND resources/credits.

Example of one of my Shepards with altered eyes and hair. I copied from someone who put up their Shepard on the site. You can't see it clearly in that shot but those eyes are the same as the Illusive man's, except they are quite clearly gold.

Have a more direct link : http://www.masseffect2faces.com/index.php?show=tutorials&tutorial=saveEdit

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 May 2011
  15. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Everytime i psych myself up to do it and then each time after starting i quickly remember why never wanted to.

The original ME, whilst being a very good game was still fundamentally flawed, be it that early game you can't hit the side of a barn with any weapon consistently or the fact that every choice is either talking your way into or out of a fight. And whilst i do like the game, the fact that i have to go through all of it just to get a character imported into the next is ultimately too time consuming for me.

Despite me knowing pretty much where I exactly need to go and exactly what to do, it still takes me 20-30 hours just to complete all the relevant quests... needless to say, the majority of that time is probably spent in the Mako driving to and from areas.

16. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Yeah, i've only just started playing around with that so am still trying to understand exactly how to use it.

It's great for those who like to tinker, but it's not exactly the most accessible nor most well known tool.

Also, the amount of comments of how much better ME2 is with an imported save probably put a few people off buying the game just because they think they should have played the first one in order to get a proper experience.

17. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Just bought ME2 from STEAM sale £9.99

18. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Lol what a legend

19. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

When has EA ever ruined a game... oh crap.

20. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

So Shepard's going to be replaced by Master Chief and the leveling system will be replaced by DLC microtransactions?
    I mean, I don't see how else they could make the ME series any more mainstream than it already is.

Maybe it's the right direction for the series, though, considering the action aspect of the first two games was crap compared to more singularly-focused action games.
    Maybe placing traditional RPG elements such as stats, levels, skills etc. in ME1 and ME2 was a mistake in hindsight, since it just makes gamers expect the number-crunching, character-building side of the game to live up to its actual role-playing, plot development aspects; and it didn't really, while resulting in action gameplay that relied on character stats but delivered a bland experience all-round.

Maybe the ME games should've just been all-out action games with plot development and role-playing; instead of this 'RPG Lite' approach that they hamfisted into the first two titles.
    I think I'd find my own expectations of the series to be more realistic in that situation, as long as I remember to view modern Bioware as the very different entity it is from Baldur's Gate-era Bioware.

Tags: Add Tags