1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Matrix Orbital MX610!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by redDragon128, 15 Mar 2005.

1. redDragon128

redDragon128 What's a Dremel?

2. Isuo

Isuo What's a Dremel?

Oookhay? :eyebrow:

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Is there something I'm missing? All I see is a MO display mounted in a computer?

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

It appears I care this much...

||||||||||

<A88>

5. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Not to be pimping or anything, but the new display (MX6) is a PLED instead of a LCD... so it has all the good stuff like 3 Fan headers with PWM, RPM sensing, digital temp probes, but now using a PLED. The nice thing about a PLED is that it is amazingly fast, like a VFD is, it has a close to 180degree viewing angle, pitch black background, with yellow/green text, so it has amazing contrast... and for embeded developers, it uses very little power...

6. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I assume that yellow-green is the only color that OLEDs will have for a while?

I would be interested in Red, Pure green, or white.

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Ah I see, so is PLED the same as OLED? If so, I'm quite interested now, I can see OLEDs becoming the next big screen technology (and in this case, small screen :p)

Oh yeah, the care-o-meter has changed a bit now...
    ||||||||||

<A88>

8. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

ATM yes, yellow/green, Blue and Red are supposed to be released, couldn't tell you when though... I hope it's soon, I would like a nice blue one, heh... or white... that would be nice, white on black.

9. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Yup :)

10. redDragon128

redDragon128 What's a Dremel?

yea I just thought it was really cool. Problem is, I can't find it on the matrix orbital site...

11. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

I'll be more interested in a graphical plasma myself.

12. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

13. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Welcome to the forums btw :thumb:

<A88>

14. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

It's not there quite yet, ;) the bare displays are, as the PK162-12, PK202-25 and PK202-24-USB, the MX6 will be present in the next week or so, just getting the pictures made and finilizing LCDC...

15. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Well, no plasma anytime soon, but a 320x240 16bit colour touch screen in 2 and 3 5.25" bays... maybe :hip:

16. quack

quack Minimodder

Nice to see you still around Henry... and keep up the good work over at MO HQ. That new display looks great.

I've been LCD-less since my one blew up a few months back for no apparent reason, when the MX6 is available in blue I'd rather like one of those.

17. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Thanks, it's been a while I know... but I've been so busy here and with my other business venture it's not funny, and in case you're wondering, my other business is tea, yes, you heard me right, I own a tea house...

www.oolonghouse.com
    http://oolonghouse.com/forums/

[​IMG]

I'm not sure how I got into it, but eh... gives me a place to deal with real people.

You blew your display up? ugh, I hate hearing that... we will be releasing a new low cost ultra budget MOS series next week... I am pushing for more colours, but sometimes it's like talking to a brick wall...

Last edited: 16 Mar 2005
  18. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Oooh, tea!? :)

Do you ship and have rarer types?

I really would like the white or blue on black with this new display, but I still really like the old white on blue personally from the mx2 series. Would be hard to purchase anything else for me.

19. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Yes we do, a number of excelent white teas, and some really nice green tea, hand rolled, picked only in the morning of a full moon type ;)

Heh, glad you like the MX2x2 colour :) if you have the MX2 there is not much reason to go to the MX6, just the faster responce and contrast of the display...

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Would this tea place happen to have a website? :) /*edit: I LOVE white tea... */

Don't own my MX2 anymore. Keep contemplating buying one for my new computer, but I have so many other parts to buy since I'm building the whole case from scratch, and it has some nice features to it that of course cost too much for my hobby. The wife is about to brain me already... :) Maybe in the next few months or so...currently the cost of the display had to instead go to a speeding ticket.