1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Should've replied with 'Yeah, a Logitech/Corsair/SteelSeries'

2. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Yup! lol

3. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Haha, I may have to bide my time and save up for something else. I only considered the Razer because it was going to be £70 which made it affordable/justifiable for me.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

In all honesty I didn't really want him to buy a Razer keyboard, the 1 year warranty says it all to me but the price was awesome and my lad had his heart set on it.

He's autistic and is going to be a nightmare when he finds out he missed out even though I repeatedly warned him not to expect to get it.

5. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Yeah the warranties suck from loads of the big manufacturers actually, but one year is about as stingy as it gets. For the prices they charge and the alleged quality and longevity they use to justify those prices they ought to be backing it up with warranties that last a lot longer.

Razer emailed me about an hour after my failed order. Not a response to me message, just an automated email telling me I still had time to complete my order:

I was briefly excited and thought they'd restocked. I was going to give you a shout but when I checked the store I realised the email was lying to me.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Has anybody here owned an MX greens board? I'm really tempted to get one but I'd love to hear some testimonials first!

Blues are my favourite switch and I have pretty strong fingers (comes with being a musician) so my gut feeling is that greens would be a really nice daily driver for me.

7. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

Shirty definitely has: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3957719&postcount=22843

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

In a nutshell, they're perfectly usable. Minimises accidental key presses too.

That said I'm currently using 35g linears in my work board (Gateron clears if you're interested) and MX Browns at home.

I'm pretty much at home with adapting my typing style depending on the switch.

9. asura

asura jack of all trades

I also use greens instead of blues - much prefer the additional weight - they could be much heavier (I can't be bothered modifying switches) and would be even better - I was taught to type on a manual typewriter and had ten years of piano lessons, and fifteen of violin/fiddle - so like you I'm sure, digit strength is not an issue.

10. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

Is there any chance anyone knows where we can get hold of grey backlit keycaps (iso-108) in the uk or is it just wishful thinking? Cheers.

11. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I got a reply from Razer this morning to my message from yesterday about the sale.

I'm not at all surprised, most were probably complaints.

That's essentially their answer to me, after that they pasted some stuff with the times for the sale in each region and a link to the insider post about it, but that was all. They didn't bother to dignify my message with a proper response or to answer, or even acknowledge, any of my questions. I can't say I'm particularly surprised.

I replied to have a final moan at them because having an event end prematurely that they'd promised would last much longer left me disappointed and unsatisfied. I now know how women feel after they sleep with me.

12. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Hi All, silly question time again!
    Is there a style of keyboard that does away with the cursor key block, so it just has the "main" alpha-numeric section and the numpad?

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Have a look at the Cooler Master Quick Fire TK boards

[​IMG]

Piccie is a clicky

14. MadGinga

Thanks Spreadie! That's perfect, now I just need to find £150/persuade workoutsourced IT that they're essential :eyebrow:

Anyone got one with blue switches they might part with?!

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

16. MadGinga

Yes, that was my point! I have two PC's at work, and work IT won't let us use USB based KVM switches... go figure.

17. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Does anyone have any links to where I could find hhkb replacement keycaps in Tokyo? I bought my hhkb last time I was there in a yodobashi camera store but caps were not in evidence there.
    Going back in a couple months so thought I'd ask

18. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I'm thinking of selling a set of those actually if you're interested (black blanks never used) but just haven't got round to listing them for sale.

19. GMC

GMC Minimodder

Appreciate the offer, but probably not, specifically looking for coloured caps, maybe orange or yellow... I have the black board so blank black vs default would be little different

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Not to worry - just thought I'd offer. If you can't find a physical shop to buy them from you could try contacting Smart Imports (smartimports.net). I emailed them to ask them if they could get hold of keycap sets for the hhkb and they added them to their site :)