1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Medal of Honor: Airborne

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 7 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You can move while in ironsights. You just hold the sprint key to do it, though I think there is an option in the menu too...

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

At the start of the review I saw the price, I thought hmm £25 might be worth the 3/4 hours of SP... but then I started reading and didnt really see anything new - why dont games cost a little more and look a little less 'churned out'? I've done some amateur level design in HL1/2 engines and by the looks of it the devs didnt read 'mapping for dumbies' as alot of downward/off facing surfaces have lost thier texture and turned jet black(just look at the texture shots) which makes me think the levels were rushed and not lit/tested properly...

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Joe, I'll mess with it later tonight. I didn't take a look at the time.

4. WarMachine

WarMachine American Swine

while others hate a series which they feel is just trying to copy games like Call of Duty 2 without doing anything new at all.

Holy time machine Batman! MoH has been around quite a bit longer than CoD... if anything, CoD built it's foundation on what MoH had done.

:duh:

5. Chrizz

Chrizz What's a Dremel?

Just played the game only 6 missions :( i played it out in 4 hours i whas happy that 1 mission whas in my own city Nijmegen / Market Garden. i can only say graphics are good i love the special weapon upgrades but i hate that the missions are short and not much payed attention to the missions just onlt 6!.

i play it on 22" screen at 80fps with a single 8800gtx and all on high.

6. DeXtmL

DeXtmL What's a Dremel?

Not all graphics are stunning.
    I feel sometimes it looks worse than Doom3 (Maybe due to less using bump?)

7. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

okay, so i bought the game despite my reservations.

Singleplayer:
    Good:
    Graphics are good, not great.
    Fast paced.
    multiple places to land
    teamwork of allied bots is reasonable

bad:
    It still looks unfinished, case in point on Avalanche when you're looking at the pillboxes, the doors don't render properly.
    The singleplayer is too short.
    the motion blur gives me a headache after a while
    the objectives aren't really detailed enough. Eg:
    when you go to blow up the tank in one level, you're given AT grenades, but it doesn't say you've picked them up, gotta choose your grenade then cycle through to the 3rd choice
    checkpoints?!?!?!?!?! are you kidding me
    you need 5 jumps to get the skilled jump badge...but if you don't die, which you'd think would be a goal in and of itself, you can't land in them.

Multiplayer.
    Good.
    ... I'm still trying to think of something here

Bad.
    Wow, where do we start?
    Allies have too much of an advantage, you can land on the roof with the springfield and just snipe to your hearts content, the hunt was the worst for this.
    you cannot edit your names, your stuck with your EAlink login name, ie no clan tags
    you have to log in with your email address
    you cannot save your credentials
    it uses punkbuster
    german sniper rifle is too weak, especially compared to the springfield
    you have to open ports on your router/firewall for the game to play
    you have to manually update punkbuster
    i'm currently trying to figure out why I cannot connect to any server, despite having no router or firewall between my computer and internet.
    there are no dedicated servers, yes I know that they'll release a patch on the 17th of sept, but that's just stupid.
    once again, motion blur = headache
    only 12 man servers

Over all I give this game a 6/10 singleplayer 2/10multiplayer

Last edited: 10 Sep 2007
  8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

mine didn't turn up this weekend so i'll have to get on with it tonight :)

9. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

So I should just keep on playing COD2 for the first time, hehe.

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

blah, very disappointed with this game, after first 3 missions, this turned out to be a frag fest. no strategy needed, just run and gun.

and worse still, if you hide, you'll get a grenade in your face, if you gun, you'd get shot in the arse. only option is to run AT the enemy with a SMG.

and wtf with SMGs? i spray 3 enemy and i almost always get at least 1 headshot? the kick back seems to be a bit extreme.

don't get me started with 3rd mission's taking-out tank bit.

11. fluxity

fluxity What's a Dremel?

I know this is the pc version but the gameplay will obviously be pretty much the same. I have to say i found this game pretty bad on the 360. They've yoinked part of the Cod4 engine for the sprinting and gun aiming but not being able to move while aimed is really annoying. The guns also sound terrible. I had my 5.1 cranked and the guns still sound like pea shooters. Def not getting this.

12. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

You know... I have only one thing that irks me about the WWII games from EA.
    As a student of history, it constantly seems jarring to be shooting Nazis who fly an Iron Cross flag.
    And knowing how a lot of people here in America think, pretty soon they will associate the iron cross with Nazism, when it predates the -ism by a long time.

Other than that, the game seems pretty good, nothing special aside from the drops though.

13. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Ok i played the full game and its totaly CRAP!

For a singleplayer gamer like me the game must last a looooong time. But 49.99 euro for 3 and half hours of gameplay????
    This is the shortest FPS game i ever played. I am like :( :( :(

14. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Played the demo last night...not a fan of the super long spawn via air...at all.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That made me choke on my drink, I laughed so hard.

16. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

It really does need two extra missions! (8 wouldn't feel so much like a rip off).

The 'Expert' Difficulty is pretty good though, I just played it on that straight off, at least I died a fair few times.

Things that bugged me were the Storm Trooper dude, did they really have people walking around with MG42's at the waist capable of taking half if not all of a thompson drum clip? doubt it!!

Some people have said the german sniper rifle isn't powerful enough, well, balance that against the fact that you can fire 20 shots in quick succession. Plus as a sniper aren't you going for headshots anyway?

Good game though, enjoyed it alot, just wish it could have been longer!!

17. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

lol yeah the stormtrooper dude's kinda wacky. Must be hopped up on meth :p

Tags: Add Tags