1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

MC.net seems to have gone down... :(

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Sometimes the thought has occurred to me, but not this time. These were british "celebrities", and the oxygen bimbo had once been on Big Brother ... yeah.

3. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

Good to hear things are working out with your hand J.

Now, any sign of Multiplay upgrading the official server? I'm having a great time on XM's server ofc, but there's the small matter of a very large crater in the ground that requires some attention downtown......

4. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

@J & Fio: My bakery seems like the perfect place for cake! Although I'm sure a cake castle wouldn't go amiss.

5. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Why not both?
    cakes for sale in your bakery - and a Castle Café for those who want a special celebration?

6. MrsFio

:clap: +1

7. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

....Of topic...I just tought i'd make as big as a "clock" i could make -> I ended up making a 153 clock before i got bored. It seems to have 2-4 waves on the line of torches at one time ... should have a vid on my youtube of it by next Wednesday, depending on what i do.

8. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

I read this thread just about every day. So far I've just been playing single player. My current internet connection of 128k(Yes, I download at ~12K/s) is just too freakin' slow to try and play on an MP server.

With that said, could you guys please post some more awesome pictures of the SMP server and the Peaceful server? More specifically I'm interested in the creations on the SMP server. Also some of the traps you guys have described sound awesome. I really love seeing all of the different Minecraft creations.

Thanks!

(Glad your hand is better Journeyer. Did you ever find out what the root cause was?)

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

^I'll PM you a link to the survival map, we have a neat little village going, though you can't really see the traps on that. I'm sure Kroy will show you those when he comes by.

Edit: WHO went entirely OTT with the cacti?

10. PegasusM

PegasusM Stand back, I'm doing science

Just got this, would love to check out your server when I get the ip! :)

11. MrsFio

I was wondering about the mysterious cactuslpanter too..:rolleyes:

12. skipperoo

skipperoo What's a Dremel?

Been playing MC for a while now but despite reading this forum and browsing BT for years I've never got round to checking out the server. I'll have to pop on sometime and check it all out.

13. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Im still up for some survival if i can get the ip?

14. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

I'll get some screenies uploaded of SMP some of the creations asap. Would be great to see the village expand with some in-keeping buildings though. So far the style has been mostly wood/glass/smoothstone 2-3 stories high. The more outlandish creations have been built far out (like the volcano base Wixi and I have as W.I.P atm).

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Haven by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Night view from my roof by KroyMortlach, on Flickr

Last edited: 30 Jan 2011
  15. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I like your new skin MAKroy, nice! Nice pics too.. I think there are some builds near spawn that have their unic look though.. But I agree, the hobbithole could get a facelift of some kind, I'll see what I can do..

16. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

**** me that's awesome! GJ!

18. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Man I wish I had something from my trap.. unfortunately the main room is sealed off now and would be a bugger to open up again - I already did that once after some creepers managed to damage part of it while I was clearing torches. Who knew that a creeper blows up after a skeleton shoots it?

@edit: Here's what I've got:

First a few from downstairs:

view from the top (with a curious spider):

[​IMG]

by the skeleton spawner:

[​IMG]

various mobs burning in the grinder :):

[​IMG]

Upstairs with a creeper about to fall to the downstairs part (you can just see the spawner):

[​IMG]

and some loot:

[​IMG]

Upstairs is really the business end of the trap, but as I say I can't really get in there. It's 64x60, with a 2 block wide main channel in the middle and eight 2 block wide minor channels on each side. Most of the mobs come from there now I think, not much spawns in the older downstairs trap (I never see anything when I go in the viewing area, even with torches, but then I have a crappy dark monitor).

If you want to come check it out just head north from spawn to the fort with the glass tower. Downstairs next to the dock is my mine, if you turn left at the bottom of the stairs and follow the torches on the ground you should easily get there. There's the loot drop and the service entrance, the latter allowing you to see some of the inner workings.

@@edit: This was really the inspiration for my trap:

Okay, okay, I basically ripped off his design entirely, but still. He does something really interesting with his item channel, which is well worth checking out. Unfortunately I'd already built my item channel with the old downstairs part before I saw this, otherwise I definitely would have done that.

Last edited: 1 Feb 2011
  19. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

im glad you enlarged both the spawning area and widened the center channel. your main channel is still 2 blocks high to keep mobs from jumping out, right? hows output now compared to before?

20. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all of the pictures. The map looks awesome!

And, thank you Kroy and Tweak for the traps. Looks pretty good. And very interesting. Makes me want to try and design some traps of my own.

Cheers!

-Patrick