Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

OMG...

i was working in the nether, building a portal to a village in the desert, placed a block and walked onto it ( holding shift ) only the block i placed didnt place and was a ghost block, after falling through it a dozen times i logged out, and logged back in, fell through the block...into a lava lake

all my gear destroyed due to laggy ghost blocks

Dont suppose there is any chance of admin intervention to get my stuff back ?

seems abit stupid to lose everything because of something that wasnt my fault and i had no control over

2. M_D_K

M_D_K Active Member

I'm on also my ID is Kiteninja on MC, is a shame about the town hall I've got a tree farm going now so once I've got a steady supply of sapplings I'll get you some wood to rebuild it.

3. lilgoth89

Right, the basic Iron farm is up and running at my new base, as is the first of the guardian farm modules. Drops are a little low currently due to guardians spawning under the platform and around the edges, so its on to sand clearing

Also sorry i missed you Ending Credits, i was afk at the time and Makeitmo is pretty much always AFK fishing atm XD

Also the villager breeder is also under construction at Makeitmo's base

Last edited: 31 Dec 2016
  4. lilgoth89

Little update, there is now an Iron Farm near spawn and a Slime farm next to it, currently there isnt a collection for the slime, so you have to manually have to go down and empty the chests, but hopefully i can add a third floor, and an item elevator up to where the iron Farm dispenses

Also would anybody object to a move of the spawn co-ords ( to move the spawn chunks ) the original plan was to have the iron farm in the original spawn chunks, but due to the town hall and surrounding buildings ( or rather the doors they contain ) it was messing with the farm. the slime farm will still only run if you are close however, but at least the iron farm will be running 24/7 so items like hoppers / droppers / dispensers etc all become MUCH easier to obtain

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Got my cathedral built, only a small one. Been doing a little work on the town plaza. Started on a new project too, castle out of my book,:D, it's over 125 blocks wide on the front wall.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Found a dark oak forest over near my big castle site. A couple of big mushrooms too.

Gonna do a bit more exploring over that way tomorrow, see if I can find some jungle trees.

7. lilgoth89

Any chance of a server update ? the latest vanilla adds rocket powered Elytra's

if we can ill build a mob spawner to acquire large amounts of gunpowder for fireworks

8. morris8809

morris8809 Member

Just let me know when you all are ready for the update and I'll make it happen.

9. slimithy

slimithy New Member

I've been looking at getting back into Minecraft.
    Can anyone join the server or do I need some kind of initiation and whitelisting?

10. lilgoth89

anyone can join afaik

but if you need any help, ask Morris :)

Last edited: 3 Feb 2017
  11. lilgoth89

well that was an odd thing

Family emergency so i built myself into a wall

return to find me dead 'slayed by a zombie ( an odd occurrence considering 99% of my base is spawn proof and i was in a 1x1x2 hole

trek back to my base to find the blocks i was afk'ing behind had either ghosted or been removed without my input ( i was afk ) and all my tools, redstone, armour had all gone and despawned

so either i placed the blocks and they ghosted, or someone removed them

so much gear lost...

also would it be possible to get an updated server download ? i plan to test something in my base to see if i cant add a mob farm ( to farm gunpowder once the server is updated )

Last edited: 4 Feb 2017
  12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Were you in the nether?

This says :

13. lilgoth89

nah i was at my base ( working on my item sorter )

all the redstone area is fully lit ( 2 lines of sea lanterns ) thus i cannot figure out where the zombie spawned, as the area outside is glass + bedrock and hence spawnproof

14. lilgoth89

ok something is seriously wrong with my base... i died AGAIN while afk in a spawn-proof base i dont know where they are spawning... but everytime i afk at my apparently spawn proof base im killed

ive spent the last half hour running around trying to find a single spawnable block...and i cant find any...

roping Kite in to give me a hand

Well looks like someone damaged my floor, removed a glass block and placed cobble in and didnt light it up

a single spawnable block i didnt know existed, and wouldnt of existed if people cleaned up ( or even left a sign )

no idea who did it, but i am HIGHLY annoyed with losing everything AGAIN

Last edited: 5 Feb 2017
  15. M_D_K

M_D_K Active Member

[kite]
    more then annoying if someone has popped in for a look broke something then left with half a repair, there where no server glitches we could visibly see other than the only spawnable block left over which has to be the culprit.

If you take something, borrow something, do something or mess up something it doesn't take 2 seconds to leave a sign if you can't repair your damage being a fully open server it just mean people don't get worried about people griefing them.

Will be sad if LG doesn't come back after this but can totally understand making a safe base then being killed because of someone else, lots of expensive equipment lost.

P.s. World download would be awesome :)

16. morris8809

morris8809 Member

I'll PM a download for you all tonight.

17. lilgoth89

thanks man, i might do some before and after shots of various peoples bases if people would be interested ( since i have the world before anything was built )

18. morris8809

morris8809 Member

PM's sent, if anyone else wants a dl of the current world please let me know.

19. morris8809

morris8809 Member

Please update your clients ;)

20. M_D_K

M_D_K Active Member

WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ZOOOOoooooooooooooom :)

(& I've run out of rockets already lol)