1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mithril P4: Being Updated!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bsodmike, 4 Jan 2004.

1. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Very impressive setup...beautiful.. :jawdrop:

DDK

2. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

I don't know what to say....WOW! Is a good word.

Really nice setup. All glowy and stuff. I bet i'll be able to see that from where i am stopping in June. Staying in Colombo. Can't remember what part.

I've gotta start saving; for when i go to Dubi. I love computers and Home cinema. So i've got plenty to spend my money on when i get there... :D

3. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Hey there dude! I would recommend the Colombo Hilton as it is the best hotel we have and the most comfortable (cost about $80 a night) but you can try the TransAsia which is also pretty nice. The rest are so so... If you need any help with your travel plans just let me know, mike@bsodmike.com :D

4. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Thanks mate. The hotel is already booked. When i find out which one it is i'll let you know. The missus has the form with the name on. I'm there for 7 nights, 5 in Maldives and then 3 in Dubi.

I'll mail you when i find out, you can let me know if it's any good.... :D

And to keep on topic. I do love your Gear. Lucky sod.. :D

5. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

These are some day shots of the setup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A close up of the new TFT:

[​IMG]

Hope ya'll enjoyed this project as much as I did!

6. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

SWEET! Pity the two cases aren't exactly the same! (i love symmetry!) :D

7. Gedron

Gedron What's a Dremel?

Forgive me if I missed something earlier, but doesn't it drive you nuts switching keyboards and mice? I can see the use of 2 monitors.. but I'd be out looking for a KVM.

8. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

I thought it would have been a problem at the start, apart from growning 2 more arms this setup is pretty nifty. After using it for a couple days (since I've been back) it is second nature to me now. The same way people do not look at the gear stick when driving manual shift after learning it!

9. riffst3r

riffst3r What's a Dremel?

nice setup you got there.

how is singapore's computer market? i'm planning a trip there in a few weeks, and i'd like to know what to be prepared for... as in what's available.

tia.

10. sqaulidhummer

sqaulidhummer What's a Dremel?

11. Incorpirate

Incorpirate What's a Dremel?

tft moniters *drools*

12. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Network Equipment

Here you can see most of the stuff sitting on top of Spawnbox2. There is another Airport Extreme Basestation in the middle of the house ontop of a fridge in WDS mode for better reception!

[​IMG]

This is the DSL modem sitting ontop of Mithril

[​IMG]

More images of the Z-680 Setup

A shot of the rear of the console, you can see the SR75 connected

[​IMG]

...and the digital coax connection to my M-Audio 7.1 soundcard

[​IMG]

A clearer shot of the 500W (rms) sub!

[​IMG]

...and a rear shot of the same sub:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Jan 2004
  13. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

The Singapore computer market is booming! It is always at teh forefront of technology and everything is outdated before ya know it. I would recommend you first visit 'Sim Lim Square' and ask for the Rochor Road entrance as this is teh side of the taxi stand. Check out stores such as 'Cybermind' and 'FutureEra' on the 5th floor. Basically the 5th floor is for Comps!

For a more upmarket (less hardcore stuff) get your self over to Funan Center on Northbridge Road. Take a trip to the 6th floor and visit Challenger which is the biggest comp store in all of Asia!

If you want to know what is hot visit www.hardwarezone.com.sg which has the latest news and price guides for all of Sim Lim Square!

I recommend the Phoenix Hotel located on Orchard/Summerset Road as it is very very VERY central and a pretty comfortable place! Rates go as low as SGD128 per night for a Deluxe, or SGD138 for a Super Deluxe (without bfast, there is a McDees right across at Center Point).

Click here to visit one of my Albums of Singapore, and I have taken shots of Funan center too! (page 3)

Enjoy your trip :D

Last edited: 16 Jan 2004
  14. planki

planki ...

dude those monitors look sweet as!? may i ask what model/version they are ??

are they apple keyboards that i spy?

15. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

You should read the thread :p The left monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 173T which has DVI as well as regular VGA and the right one is a slightly cheaper 171N. Yep, Apple keyboards rule :D

16. planki

planki ...

heh cheers man me lazy

17. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

just one thing to say :nice :thumb:

18. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Wow.. I wish I had some of those things... I was I was cool with a mx700.. and you have TWO!!! but for two computers...

Love the setup :thumb:

19. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had hell of a time sorting out instability issues. First I had forgotten to set the SATA on 'Enhanced Mode' but hell that should have been default!

Then I read up and find out that the 9700Pro and intel systems on 8x mean death. Dropped the SmartGART to 4x and whey, everything is stable!

Ohh, when I did the 3dMark03 run Mirc and Winamp were playing LOL....cba to close em :p

:D

20. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

hmm...

looking at that makes me really really want to get a job for the moneys... (im only 14) i hate my comp.. 755mhz duron... 32mb vid card and only 128mb ram...... plz send me money so i can upgrade... plz?

and if that not enough my mum (mom for americans) hates comps as it is and wont fund my interest :(

But nice job on those comps :jawdrop: :rock: :clap: :thumb: