1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding Mass Brainstorm All Ideas Welcome (AND NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slick13, 30 Mar 2004.

1. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

hey ho chappies and girlies,

right over the fast approaching summer my mate and i are planning to go on bit of a modding mish with my new and improved watercooled animal to be.

this is the plan so far,

Lian li pc71, avec prometia mach 2 on bottom,

then own made watercooling for graphics card, hdds and also place a 6" lcd screen in the front to bring up random **** that i program it to display.

what i would like from all you lot is various ideas to come in and i don't care how made or obscene they might be cos i'm feeling like bit of a nut case at the mo :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cheers guys and girls

Slick13

Last edited: 30 Mar 2004
  2. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

come on 50 ppl viewed and no one has any ideas????

right possible spec as well

AMD 64 bit
    64 bit mobo (undecided yet)
    Graphics card??? (don't want ati)

already in case:

AMD2400xp (clocked)
    Abit nf7-s v2.0
    512 Crucial ddr ram
    240gb hdds
    nvidea Gforce4 Ti4800 se
    CD-RW 52x28x48
    DVD 48x16
    Creative audigy platinum 2 ex
    17" tft
    Creative dolby 6.1 surround

Last edited: 31 Mar 2004
  3. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

modder's block

4. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

lol

:duh: :duh: :duh:

right so far i have come up with a plexiglass window on side giving a distorted view inside case and a blue cathode lighting from the bottom.

also a gas strut from a car boot to mod the door so it opens like a gull wing,
    I.E. it hinges at the top rather than the side.

and having a 6" lcd tft screen in the front to show random stuff in it like winamp visualisations etc

try getting some ideas flowing chappies cos i need some more innovation

5. kevplus2

kevplus2 What's a Dremel?

instead of a plain blue ccf at the bottom, how about 2 uv ccfs (one top and one bottom. then sleeve everything in blue uv reactive sleeving and use uv blue die in the h2o cooling setup (clear tubing of course)

with all the uv, gratuitous use of windows will be mandatory. top/side and possibly "other (back) side as well. if you are going to use a sweet mobo, you might as well get rid of all of the excess on the mobo tray (a sweet design could be incorporated, just make sure you leave enough for structural integrity and for the mobo mounting points). then since you are using a lian li...polish the hell outta her :naughty:

the gullwing idea sounds sweet...do both sides

6. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

Mirrors. Somebody freaking do something with mirrors. Think of how cool that would look to paint the entire internal structure of your case with a silver mirror finish. Or get some glass or plastic mirrors and line the inside with them, whatever. I don't have the willpower to do it, but I'd love to see it.

7. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

ok here's one idea for you mod the prometia into the case instead of outside and also mod the mobo on a gyroscope so that it looks cool at any angle (you said you wanted insane ideas hmmm i might try that last one sometime and make it spin lol)

8. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

What about one of those PSOne screens on the top of the case (above top 5 1/4 bay)?

9. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

what i forgot to mention about the plexi glass window was that its gonna be 1" or so thick but hollow in the middle with a water pipe in and out (bit like a rad) but i want it to have the water running through with a air jet cappilary tube running along the bottom to pump air up the tank face and give a fish tank effect.

dunno if it will work but it seems like a good idea at the moment?!?!?!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

more ideas please what has been said so far is being sketched at the moment, as for the ps1 tft screens i am gonna use a 6" tft anyhow so will probably stick to that.

the mirror idea is very interesting and is being seriously considered for the interior of the case

Slick13

10. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

yeah i have thought about modding the prommy into the case but decided to stick with it in its fridge unit.

plus gives me mucho modding capacity in the case itself and i then have a mahooosive tower

no one will run off with that bugger i bet

Slick13

11. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

Its not how you win or lose the game, its how you look when you play it..

Smoke dude, get a smoke machine and hook it up inside. then put a button on the face and label it 'Turbo', just like the old AT machinces.

When you need the power, hit the button. Then really get to work.....

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Blue :worried: :worried: :worried:

Blue is so dead... I like the li lian cases in red of green or purple or multicolors. How about putting the radiator in the top stelthed? A plexi motherboar tray would be interesting on a li lian case... oh no, modders block... :waah:

13. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

The smoke machine doesn't sound like a great idea. It would look too fake because everyone knows electronics are powered by smoke and they stop working if you let it out :rolleyes:

14. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

lol

15. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

This Summer

This summer you'll be likely to see PCI Express motherboards with 16x for the video and a mixed arrangement of 1x PCI Express and PCI slots. The new graphics engines will both be out for ATI and NVIDIA, and they will be available in PCI Express in two different forms. One will be a pure PCI EXpress card with its interface into the motherboard running native. Without draw backs or limitations a direct connection will be the best thing going for ATI cards. NVIDIA will be going with a bridge at the outset and doesn't plan to switch over until later. Prices will plunge for current graphics cards over the summer or by the fall.

On Intel boards you'll see DDR2, PCI Express sooner than on the AMD side. With the release of service pack 2 for XP, the AMD 64 chips take advantage of core security within the chip and the OS but the Intel chips won't have it.

That's $1000 at least!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

16. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

so about £600 over here then. i'm willing to spend quite heavily on this cos its the last chance i will get before going to uni in september so i wanna upgrade as much as poss.

all within budget so far just the mods i need to come up with on the case really.

keep em coming guys a lot of these are being acted apon

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

17. Gooey_GUI

That technology isn't released yet. Waiting until this Summer is much better.

Try some translucent window molding, with blue EL Glow Wire in the channel, placed around your window. It will also glow with whatever CCFL light colors you use.

18. Gooey_GUI

That technology isn't released yet. Waiting until this Summer is much better.

Try some translucent window molding, with blue EL Glow Wire in the channel, placed around your window. It will also glow with whatever CCFL light colors you use.

19. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Duplicate Post...

There we go, PC copying apple :D

I like the Idea of the EL Wire... good luck

20. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

you have made my day. Thank you. :rock: :rock: