1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding modding psu sleeving, any tips advice would be helpful

Discussion in 'Modding' started by thetrashcanman, 16 Feb 2011.

1. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Ok so I'm just about to start a mammoth sleeving project on my beautiful enermax revolution 1050w power supply, I love the look of the power supply, unfortunately the sleeving on the modular and non-modular cables is HORRENDOUS, this obviously means voiding my warranty which I'm not particularly bothered about, what am bothered about though is damaging an expensive piece of kit, so does anyone have any helpful advice, tips tricks etc and the best way to go about sleeving? I'm going to do some of the modular cables first to make sure I get my sleeving technique spot on, but at some point I will have to open her up and do the 8 pin 24pin etc, so any help would be thoroughly appreciated :D

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Unless you want total perfection you can cheat. Instead of opening up the PSU braid all the cables and then slide a piece of shrink wrap about 3 inches long right up to PSU and tuck it in. It tidies it up quite nicely.

thetrashcanman likes this.
  3. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

do you have removal tools? What sleeve are you using? What heatshrink are you using?

4. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

5. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I got my tool from there as well, but I bought extensions and sleeved them instead to avoid voiding the warranty.

6. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

oh yeah, that revolution is a b**ch for individual sleeving, you'll need to file around the non-modular cable hole to fit em all back in again.

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It's a bloody expensive PSU that's for sure, buy extensions and don't void the warranty.