1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News More Fallout 3 details revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oooh yes! That looks like a winnar! :D

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

So long as I'm still forced to run diagonally I'll be happy ;)

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

XD

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm not so sure about this one.

The previous two games were original and built up a loyal fanbase. But rumours abound that this version is completely different and not faithful to the previous two. It's been accused of being dumbed-down, possibly as part of a console port, and has been described as 'Oblivion with guns'.

If you consider the direction that Bethesda took the TES series in the fourth instalment, and apply the same to Fallout, you are going to have the same result; a game that is viewed as popular & pretty to the younger (console) generation, and as a sell-out by the old faithful.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'm looking forward to Fallout 3. :D

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I, as a man who first got into the series by playing the demo 20 times in a row and finding all the amazing endings, am willing to give Beth a chance. They'll probably **** it up, but it'd still be worth playing. Even if they ruin the franchise then the chances are that we're still left with a decent RPG.

That said, I'd love to see it done right, but I think if anyone was going to do that then it sure wouldn't be bethesda. Have to be bioware, but they're too busy on Dragon Age.

8. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

As much as I like Liam Neeson as an actor (he played Michael Collins and Qui Gon Jinn ferchrissakes! and he's Irish! :D), I worry that like Oblivion, Bethesda will blow their Voice-acting budget on a few big names for publicity, and then have every other NPC in the game voiced by one of about 4 or 5 other actors.

I'd prefer all-text dialogue to that.

But who knows, they could get it right. I hope they will, but realistically speaking, I don't think they could.

As CardJoe says, even if they mess it up, it'll still be a good RPG, but it'll painful for us Die-hard Fallout fans who find the concept of an unworthy sequel to be anathema.

Brotherhood of Steel, anyone? :hehe:

Honestly though, Bethesda are talented developers, and I'd be lying if I denied thoroughly enjoying the Elder Scrolls series, I just hope they get it right with this one.
    Oblivion is a good game, but I don't want Fallout 3 to be Oblivion with Guns and radiation.

9. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

"Oblivion with Guns" was STALKER. who knows what fallout will be. we'll find out when they release some info.

10. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Nuka-Cola and mentats or Jet, anyone ?

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ooooooh..........looks promising :)

12. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Thats funny I played the Fallout demo many times b4 buying the actual game too. I know a ton of people love Oblivion but I just can't shake the feeling that people who made Oblivion can't make a game as good as the original two Fallout games. Oblivion was fun and all but not very memorable at all for me.

13. Iworkatwendys

Iworkatwendys What's a Dremel?

Perhaps seeing as it's been 8 1/2 years since Fallout 2 was released I do believe that no matter how good the game is people will still bitch and whine due to having 8 1/2 years to dream up the perfect fallout 3 in their mind. Fallout 3 from bethesda will be a great game but I think the diehard will be disappointed no matter what comes out.

14. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

This is so true.

15. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

No matter what it will be worth trying, buying is debatable but after playing 1 and 2 for so long being able to play a new one will be good. Thats not saying that it will be great but if they can reproduce some of what made 2 so great then it will be at least worth buying.

16. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Oooh, Liam Neeson and Ron Perlman. Awesome. I just hope Fallout 3 doesn't repeat Oblivion: lots of hype, had me really excited by its potential, turned out to be an abysmal game.

BTW, Hellboy was not awful! (Yes, I realize I'm in the minority. :p)

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Hellboy was kind of nice ;)
    as for the game, i will want to see it as soon as it gets out. :D

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I hope, at the very least, it doesn't spoil the Fallout name. I would hope for so much, if I knew it wasn't going to happen. Bethesda claim to have a team of people who're all avid Fallout fans. I just hope this is true enough to put them in the right place, or on the right tracks if you prefer that analogy ;)

Tags: Add Tags