1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 More powerful PS3, does less?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by M4RTIN, 24 Dec 2006.

1. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/20/ken-kutaragi-sez-i-promise-an-av-centric-ps3/

anyone else think this is mad, if thye need to make a ps3 with more memory to be a proper av centre does that mean the standard one is crap?.

even if the mad mad price is left out of the equation it seems an odd product, if the original ps3 is the pinnacle of home entertainment why do sony feel the need to sell a slightly different one.. sony perhaps admitting the ps3 really isnt so great after all for media use

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Why? Just why? how would this in any way be related to the PS gaming console brand if it doesn't even play games. Did someone drop him on his head as a child?

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That pictures a piss take, right? Or is Ken actuall a little person?

That's exactly what the PS3 is. This is why they waited for Blu Ray. It's a media center that plays games.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Wasn't there a lovely looking white version of the PS2 only in Japan, that was some mad good DVD machine aswell as a PS2? Is this the same sort of deal?

6. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

psx.. probably the same kinda thing, admittedly that played ps2 games and wasnt $2500 tho

i cant see the point of a better ps3. the standard one plas dvds, blu ray, you can view photos and videos on it and listen to music. what can another one do differently

7. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've not seen anything about the standard of playback on the existing PS3: if it's relative to how ****** the old PS2 was in DVD then I can see why they might want to market it this way. Although so early in the consoles lifespan seems insane frankly.

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with the PS2's DVD playback mook, tis pretty good in all honesty. Once you get the DVD remote, it may as well be a standard DVD player.

9. LogicalChaos

LogicalChaos What's a Dremel?

Because the PS brand is evolving from the ps3 to a "media center unit" in your living room, its not just a vidoegame console anymore its the playstation all grown up! :eyebrow: ..............................whatever Sony.

10. lanester

lanester What's a Dremel?

If any thing it's the cell processor that they want to put into everything, to try and get back some of their development costs.

Also seeing as the yield rate for the cell is so low what they gonna do with the rest of the cell chips that still have many usable cores????

Just my $0.02