1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Mornington Crescent

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Penguin, 22 May 2008.

1. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, in the absence of any activity here for the last year or so, I invoke the Abspielen von Menschen Rule (1927, Section 4, Paragraph 7iii) which enables me to roll a Queen of Hangman. This allows me to jump all the way to Russell Square.

Hopefully this means I'll be able to King all of my prawns next move!

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

A 1 from two dice, ah well but since Flibble's elevated his prawns i'll play my Constitutional Reform card so that'll be me on Victoria.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2010
  3. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Victoria, on a Monday afternoon... good luck with that one Steveo! Haha.

The Abspielen von Menschen Rule puts me in a bit of a pickle.
    I could head to Whitechaple for free and keep the Ace up my sleeve or take a risk a use the ace to get me closer... Whitechaple it is then!
    (it's too early in the game for me to be taking big risks, I don't want a repeat of the 1997 Quaterfinals in Germany now do I, haha, that was amusing though.)

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Cockfosters.

That is all.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  5. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Keeping the ace up your sleeve might well be the move that makes the rest of us lose the game...

If the prawns have been elevated I create a quantum singularity using my card, and end up in Brixton. Apparently my quick win plan has backfired somewhat.

Sucks, but you all know the rules. If you don't it's in the 1996 Hawking-Newton rules, Page 447.

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You're probably not aware, but those rules were made invalid after that page was torn out and folded in half a few times and shoved under the table leg to stop it from rocking. It was documented in a footnote on Page 449 that is only readable using a monocle hewn from crystal gathered at the foot of a volcano long since erupted (I forget the name, sorry).

As it's been over a year for me too, I pick up loose change at Arsenal.

The next player gets to roll a D18, how lucky!

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Drats, Chalfont. Oh well, the Optical Occlusion Mechanism Reintroduction of '64 means I get tho keep that D18 and convert it to a rhombus cube 6-roller next turn as long as no-one tries a triple bait switch manuever akin to the classic Bransburg maneuver (I think we all know which one I'm talking about). Although according to Section 4d, Paragraph 12 of the 1998 revised rulebook I could turn it into a Heuristic Reverse Parry using my triple bobble bonus.

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Why are you still using the 1998 rulebook? That was superseded by the 1872 Reverse Temporal edition rules in about three years time.

So, bearing in mind that your triple bobble bonus doesn't apply yet, and invoking the Pokojowych Conjunction rules of 1723, I roll a 7 and jump all the way to Ladbroke Grove and successfully prevent Mankz from cocking his Fosters at anyone (phew!).

9. DaveVader

Phew, just in time, you only had 2 more minutes to stop the fostering of cocks (that is if we're playing the Herminski ruling associated with Cock Fosters, other wise you still had a good few years yet)
    Well, seeing as you got to Ladbroke Grove on a 7, probably the easiest way of getting there, it means I can ride on the back of you but carry on all the way to Paddington! Putting me, well and truly, sort of almost in the lead a little bit kinda.

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Mind if I join in?

I just picked up the latest revision of the rule book down at the local laundromat. Because I rolled a 5 and its before 2pm I get to transport over to Cock Fosters with Mankz.

Just keep your Foster to yourself Mankz..... My next move will destroy you all.

11. DaveVader

Wrong time zone I'm afraid Talladega!
    Although you didn't officially state which day it is before 2pm so I guess your move is still valid dammit! That was good, nice one!

Oh, sorry, is it my turn?

Erm, I really don't have many options at the moment so... London Bridge.

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Darn! I forgot about time zones....

Thanks for letting me get away with just a warning.

I picked up the cockmongler surprise card and was able to secure a nice double decker bus. Anyone need a ride?

13. DaveVader

Double decker bus... you're shi-... ooh! Nearly got pulled up on the swearing rule of '23.
    You're pulling my leg.
    I could really do with a bus route to actually get me into the game properly.
    I guess, seeing as I can't ride the bus due to Finch's stupid rule of 2007 (they shouldn't have published new rule books so late on) I can't

I'll be happy with a roll of the dice though... 'lick'
    Oh, sorry, wrong dice... that's my turn wasted, I stay at London Bridge.

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Just for clarity are we working to the Pre WW2 editions where most times are in GMT or the post-modern revised editon where the tracks British Summer time what ever the time zone, if the former then i'm swapping to the Circle line.

15. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

My newest copy of the rule book has a stipulation where you can clear all bus bans if you roll a sharkfin or hensfoot.

Anyways I'm going across the London Bridge right now, hop on if you'd like. Not sure where we're gonna stop yet. Got about 9 liters of fuel left in this thing.

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Are you allowed bus sharing in this situation? Ususally I'd say yes but the stipulation of recently introduced rulings in May of this year (2010 so you can't get me for the non clarification of dates) makes me cautious.

17. DaveVader

Dude, have you even read that rule book?
    It barely even speaks about bus sharing and when it does it just paraphrases the old rules about it (specifically those from the '73 Lampert edition).
    Seriously dude, if you don't know the rules, don't play. They're not hard to grasp, I guess for some it's just difficult.

Anyway, I'm going to turn down your offer Talladega, 9 litres will get me way too far away from my destination.

Covent Garden.

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Reading the first page of this actually had me thinking this was a real game, :D.

Had to wikipedia it to find out what the hell was going on.

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Reading the first page of this actually had me thinking this was a real game, :D.

Had to wikipedia it to find out what the hell was going on.

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I don't understand? It is a real game...

Apparently it's mentioned in Steep Approach to Garbadale, I must have missed the reference

Last edited: 5 Jul 2010