1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mount & Blade: Warband Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 25 Feb 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

And I thought February was an expensive month to be a gamer. March is going to be even worse. I hope the sales for all these games do well, teaching publishers they don't ALL have to wait until Christmas.

3. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Despite being interested in it beforehand, I didn't bother to buy this - but I picked this up in that steam sale and have not played anything else since! It really is a very enjoyable game and I will certainly be getting warband to follow it up.

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

M&B is an RPG? Barely...

And as for the difficulty of combat, it couldn't be easier - unless Warband changes something fundamental.

I think I'll checkout the Beta before I buy, but if MP is as much fun as the SP, I'll be certain to buy.

6. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

You aint' joking. I have say, hundreds and hundreds of titles I'm backlogged on but the games keep on coming. 2010 does appear to be the year of PC gamings return.

I hate to ask because I think all multiplayer games should have this option but does it have LAN/NETWORK play and if so how many does it support?

7. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

I knew nothing of mount and blade until the recent steam sale. I'm very glad I bought it. I mentioned it to Baz shortly after I bought it, explaining how ace the combat was and how adictive the Campaign was. His responce: "IT'S SO UGLY!!!"

8. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Doh, I must have missed the steam sale because this looks like a game id love!

Time to start browsing ebay I guess

9. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Can't wait for this. Mount and Blade is the best game nobody heard of. The combat system is incredible. I also like the scope to basically play how you like, good guy, bad guy, merchant, mercenary, whatever.

10. JAMF

JAMF What's a Dremel?

I thought it didn't look right when it said "Russia" in the article. You'll find they are based in Ankara, Turkey:
    http://www.taleworlds.com/tw_about_us.html

I'm not playing the original game on the hardest setting, as I found the initial difficulty too steep. The game is rough around the edges, but it's fun.

Some observations:
    -The quests could be more varied
    -The towns you upgrade could show the new buildings, maybe even as they are being built

11. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

This game sounds very very cool. This DOES have a single player component, right?

12. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Did you read the article?

Warband is the MP add-on to the SP Mount & Blade game.

13. Stelph

Stelph Minimodder

Tried the demo last night, seems a lot of fun! Plus it doesnt seem to require too high a PC spec, was chugging along fine on my HP mini 311 (an nvidia ION netbook) so I can add it to the list of games to play when im on the move :)

14. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

Unless you bought Mount & Blade on Steam, in that case you dont have a CD key :(

15. jon

jon Chief Phrenologist

I am a HUGE M&B fan ... several of the add-on mods are excellent, as well, most notably the Native Expansion (hint: if you're going to rebel against your lord, make sure your castles are WELL DEFENDED!! :)

I picked up L4D2 when it came out, and COD: MW2, but the game I turn on first whenever I start up my rig, is Mount & Blade ...

And the replay value is awesome!

-J

Tags: Add Tags