1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mounting LCDs

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Digital Fodder, 30 Nov 2001.

1. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

I can not get lcdsmarti to work and i dont like lcdcenter . Is there anything eles out there ??

2. Cicada

Cicada What's a Dremel?

are all these programs different LCD-managemtny types, that display different things?

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Yeah most of them try to display roughly the same kind of things and fail is one aspect of another...

LCDCenter can display quite a lot, but I'd love it to be able to display more winamp stuff (and the way it's gets the band name and song title atm isn't brilliant but it works most of the time) - also it's not really designed for parallel lcd's (thanks henry!) so it's scrolling is a little poor on them... (though it's a very well rounded program, a couple of easy to do little bits not added - i wonder if the source code is public?)

LCDSmartie displays too much stuff (headlines from Tomshardware.com, Weather reports, game server status's, to name but a few of the wackey things it can do) but again it's not great at winamp (less info than LCDCenter) and it's not very efficient - I ended up having two half empty lines on most of my screens to avoid more than one line scrolling...

Anyway just my opinions, I'm back to using LCDCenter atm (mainly because LCDSmartie likes to crash in Win XP), cheers,

r.

4. Cicada

Cicada What's a Dremel?

thanks, is there any other types of LCD/VFD management programs out there?

5. Cheese

Cheese Doc

There's a few, LCD Driver and some plugins - go to MO's site (http://www.matrixorbital.com/) and check out the forum and download section. Cheers,

r.

6. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?