1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks My Impending Court Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by billy beard, 10 Jan 2002.

1. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

I still say sue BT's ass for emotional trauma and just generally being ****wits!:rofl:

Seriously, glad this has worked out OK(ish) for ya.;)

2. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

In sales and marketing us british may not complan at the time it goes wrong but we still have one option that we all exercise?

We never go back.

A little customer service goes a long way its a shame BT little was too late.

3. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Bt Sucks

Well i got an adsl modem / router to try and fix my bt adsl probs but i need some s somthing number, so i phoned bt and they told me that using anything except the acetel ( cant spell) modem was in violation of my contract and that if i didnt unplug it immedately i would be taken to court. LOL. all i wanted was to have 2 computers in the same game of battlezone 2 which crummy Microsoft internet connection sharing doesnt allow

4. ocha

ocha Minimodder

well i've got a few friends with ADSL and some are happy some are not. Also my uncle is just getting ADSL (being paid for by his work) and a new comp. What do I tell him, stuff it and don't go with it, get cable instead or something else. People aren't being told about the sh** problems that BT are putting their costomers through. People should be told.

5. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Try www.btofaq.net for the customer services (thats a joke calling it that). BTopenworld don't care coz they have you tied into 12 month contract, hopefully wires only will put a rocket up their arses. I wont tell the ****e I've had with btopenwound, but I've been lied to on many occasions. They have to be one of the worse isps, just look @ www.ispreview.co.uk and see how many complaints they have got about btopenworld. Oh if you a games player dont even bother with ADSL, as btignite who supply the backbone to many isps had major gateway and traffic problems. They couldn't cope with 56k modems let alone with ADSL.
    They wont be getting money when my contract is up, but 56k does suck.

\END of moan

6. xrs444

xrs444 What's a Dremel?

650mA! Seeing as the spec for USB is a max current of 500mA, I'd think there was a case against Alctel for advrtising something as USB, when it isn't!

7. alipuk

alipuk What's a Dremel?

Ok this problem was known about nearlly a year ago and it was much talked about in the BTO general and technical newsgroups at the time.

Check out the unofficial BTO FAQ at http://www.btofaq.net/ this contains all the relevent information regarding using ADSL with BTO, and alot of our heartache has gone into those pages :) and believe me some of the arse ache was caused by some very badly configured BTO systems (transparent cache and high pings in games).

I am among the lucky few who have had a relativley painless time with ADSL over the last 12 months, and I have just moved into my second year with BTO

The only thing I can say is that the tech support should have suggested to you first off when you said that you were having problems that you should have got a powered hub.

because BTO buys there adsl lines from BT Ignite (the ADSL supplier) and BT Ignite have to install the speciality box at the exchange and cancel your old line and in this case there was a deffinet failure to communicate, as usual the right arm has no idea that the left leg is kicking themselves (BT) in the butt.

this post is just my personal view of ADSL from BTO

Tags: