1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors my new car does 1 mpg!

Discussion in 'General' started by Oclocker, 26 Feb 2008.

1. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Congrats on the vRS :thumb:I've had mine since June and it stills puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! When I took it for a test drive it took me all of 30 seconds before I was in love with it. I take people out in it fairly often and they're always surprised how quick it is and then they're even more surprised when they see the MPG. I get about 400 miles to the 45 litre tank and I don't drive conservatively!

For the re-map you do need a couple more mods such as a new air filter and some other minor engine things. However I would suggest getting new brakes if you're planning to chip it. The stock brakes are fairly weak IMO.

2. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Yeah, but a modified Jetta against a stock cobra is still kinda like putting an OCed Duron vs a stock C2D... :D

3. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

1mpg lol I almost put diesel in my car once, it was a close shave, I get 13 street and 17 highway in my continental and that's with premium! Hope Exxon doesn't really run out of oil by 2015 or I'm screwed!

4. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Wowsers, that conti is a guzler aint it?
    My stang treats me well. close to 20mpg in 90% city driving I do. When on the highway I get around 28-30mpg depending on temp and hills etc. For 100% city then my mpg drops to around 17-18. Its certainly not bad, and I do give it a beating every once in a while. Not bad for a 4.6L v8. I also want to tune my engine, it seems around 30hp is a constant according to the forums, tourque goes up about 25-30 also. Fuel economy gets better if you can stay off the happy pedal, and the torque line is flattened.

Diesel fuel in a gasoline engine is big trouble as well. sometimes a full head rebuild is whats needed. For a diesel if the computer does not adjust for the knock it will blow the motor to shreds, thats why you got 1mpg, the computer dumped enough fuel to prevent detonation and possibly breaking a rod.

5. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

Sorry wasn't clear - car was filled up with approx 35 litres of unleaded. As a full tank is approx 62 litres (13+ Uk gallons ) As rest of tank is drained and junked - I went about 13 miles on 13.7 gallons :( And sounds even worse s 13 miles on 15.5 US Gallons!

Switched car off when still running ok so hopefully no major damage.

6. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

My boss did that with a company car and drove until it didn't work. He is a nice guy but it was hillarious.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

once i saw a diesel powered cement mixer working without a gas tank, it fell of and the machine started to pump out thick smoke, it did not stop, some guys went to check the oil level and found out it was eating oil instead of diesel....

8. StevenJam

StevenJam What's a Dremel?

AHAHHAHAAH

9. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

A canabalistic cement mixer :(

Tags: