1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Nebie build advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rouler, 4 Jan 2010.

1. Rouler

Rouler What's a Dremel?

Firstly, thank you all again for the advice.

Thanks Alpaca for the link to the 183, i quite like the look of that case. That's why i posted on the forum, so i could get more experienced people to advise on different things.
    After looking at the link to the thread on 120mm fans, i decided if i did go for NZXT case i would go fo this; http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Scythe-Gentle-Typhoon-120mm-1150-RPM-Cooling-Fan. It gets the CPC gold star in the mag review. I'm always willing to pay the little extra if i'm getting better quality.

Burnout,Tonpal and PureSilver, thanks for the advice on the psu. I have looked at the Seasonic, i was expecting it to cost more than it does when you said it was expensive. So i was pleasantly surprised with the price, especially when i had priced for the Enermax in my budget.
    Tthat corsair psu is a bargain imho, 7 YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!!!. Thanks.

I will take the advice on the HDD. I have'nt looked at the SSD's yet. i Have only had a quick read of an article in this months CPC about them. Thay sound expensive, without looking at the cost of them.

I reckon you lot have saved me few hundred quid already. Now what can i spend it on.?mmmm.
    Thanks again, i will definitely keep asking for advice from you all. I will also be adding to all your rep.

Dale.

Does anyone have issue 73 of custom pc to sell me. I will give the full cost of the mag plus any postage charges. I have contacted the subscription/backorder department, the girl on the phone said they don't do back issues, I said well why is there an option on automated menu saying back issues.? Still none the wiser.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2010
  2. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

I'm Fine with you spending it all on us lovely people :p
    Urmm, I suggest saving it up for it for the future, water-cooling, more RAM or a completely new build. Heck, why not try your hand at some modding:dremel:
    It was a pleasure to help.

3. LithiumDesign

Dale, I am happy to send you my issue, just need to scan in the pages so i can read it in the future :)

4. Rouler

Rouler What's a Dremel?

Hi Mystiik, i knew you would break under pressure.:naughty::D. Thanks i will take you up on the offer of the mag. How would you like me to pay. Do you have a paypal account. If so i will send you my email address for paypal and you could invoice me the amount. That would be brilliant.
    It's great on here, so many nice helpfull people.
    :thumb:

5. LithiumDesign

Urm, well just have it for free and pay for post, Im 15 and dont have a paypal account, nor can i be asked to set one up so just take it.

6. Rouler

Rouler What's a Dremel?

Heck, why not try your hand at some modding:dremel:

Well i had thought of that. I'm now thinking of getting the Antec 183, and maybe substituting part of the side panel with perspex and a sandblasted design of some kind on it.
    Or maybe a little airbrushing.
    That's if don't change my mind on the case, which is highly possible.

You are very kind in offering your copy of the mag to me. I will tell you what i'll do. Are you a subscriber to custom pc.? If not i will buy next months copy of cpc and mail it to you, if you won't accept payment for issue 73. Would that be ok with you.?

7. LithiumDesign

I am not a subscriber, I don't have the cash :( . You are very kind and I accept that offer :) I guess i'll need your address and vice versa, pm me.

8. Rouler

Rouler What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that. I have pm'd you my details.

I'm already looking at cases again. Changed my mind at least ten times already.:idea:

I will have to decide on a case asap, as i want to get all the other components ordered. There is so much choice as with everything.

9. LithiumDesign

I recieved your mail and replied.
    With the case you have to choose what you need out of it first, then find what fits what you need then go down the aesthetic route. If you smoke in the house or have pets I recommend air filters, you will want decent cooling and obviously some sort of cable tidying feature.

10. Rouler

Rouler What's a Dremel?

No smoking, i detest it. But i do have a dog.

The HAF is dare i say it growing on me. I also like the CM Storm Scout and the Antec 902 and the NZXT................ :wallbash::wallbash:

11. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i think you start to understand why we are always so helpfull: we want to buy all those cases ourselves, but few can afford it, so instead we want to 'experience' buying a new case/hardware/... trough you :)

or maybe we're just a helpfull bunch.

12. Rouler

Rouler What's a Dremel?

You certainly are a very helpfull bunch. The most helpfull people i have known on any forum i have been on!!!!!!!

Thanks