1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Need for Speed Undercover Hands-on Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Oct 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

I am glad they got away from the whole "Street Racing cars" deal. I really didn't like it.

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Isn't it just more of the same?

4. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

YA BABY, Can't Wait! I already Pre-Ordered Two Copies: One For PC and One For My New XBOX 360!

5. Toxvaerd

Toxvaerd What's a Dremel?

I think its a good mix of Most Wanted and Porche Challenge. I wasnt into that street racing thing, so until now NFS has been dead to me. Hope that Undercover can bring it back alive.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Porsche was actually very good but im still holding out judgement on it. it'll probably be geared more to idiots like vegettoxp then for petrolheads.

7. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Why would anyone want two copies of the same game on different platforms? Why not just get the X360 version?

8. Matticus

Matticus ...

I hope this does turn out to be good, when I got my 360 about a week ago (in fact maybe exactly a week ago) I got NFS:MW because I knew the other versions where just not worth my time. After the original few million of them I only liked underground 2 and Most wanted, so maybe this need for speed: The fast and the furious oh no that's not right is it, the story doesn't sound exactly the same. Will be a goodun

Lots of money and 4 arms maybe?

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

same, what's the point of underground? very glad it's gone back to its roots of "day-time cop chase". NFS is about cops not about street races, there are other games that are tons better than NFS at racing mechanisms such as Race Driver Grid.

cannot wait to get a KITT Mustang, or drive the Veyron

10. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I saw the RS4 and got excited, I saw Callum Best (is it?) and all the excitment went away :(

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

They have the Bugatti in this one??? If they do I am sold lol.

12. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Nice to see they have copied the classic cop/robbers from Midtown Madness 2, hopefully it will be as fun as that was

13. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

need for speed hot pursuit was one of my favs of the series so hope to see this one a bit more like that

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

15. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

The first NFS was about racing exotics and out running the police. The more advanced police chases didn't come until later in the series.

16. Dannythemusicman

Dannythemusicman What's a Dremel?

I'll add my voice to the long line of people that appreciate that the NFS series peaked with 2000: Porsche Unleashed. That was a simply stunning driving game that although not particularly realistic, managed to balance handling with enjoyability. I'm genuinely hoping that this outing will be as good. What annoys me is that fans of NFS have known this for years yet the developers have continually ignored us, here's hoping this release puts an end to that.

17. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

NFS High Stakes and NFS Hot Pursuit 1&2 would have to be my favorites. Out of the newer more "ricer" racing versions I really enjoyed Underground 2 and Most Wanted. The series basically went down hill from there. Carbon was utter crap, crappy story line and far too short, I finished it in 6 hours on normal difficulty. Pro Street wasn't that good either, trying to turn the series down a new road and failed epically.

By far my favorite racing game to date is still GRID, not much comes close IMO, unless we drag Gran Tourismo into this lol.

18. alexandros1313

alexandros1313 What's a Dremel?

Why not just get the PC version?

19. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I REALLY hope this isn't going to be as bad as Pro Street was, nor do I think that rice should be the main focus like it was back in NFS:U, U2, and Most Wanted. This should be about proper tuning, and proper driving, not riced up Japanese crap...

Last edited: 7 Nov 2008
  20. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

They should take a look at TDU, that is still a very very good driving game. Everything you get from tuning is 3 levels to buy, sure, that may not be that much and the driving model does have some big flaws but all in all it's IMO a very, very good racing arcade with a good story. Well, there's not much of a story, but the game still pulls you through it.

Tags: Add Tags