1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Need win 7..464 bit drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by numanoid, 14 Jul 2023.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Hi guys
    Me again oh yes mr knows f all...thats me.....
    I need windows 7, 64 bit drivers for an old lenovo motherboard all thats wrote on it is the name (lenovo) and IH61M, thank you again guys

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I feel like a bit of a broken record, here, but... d'you remember when I told you not to put a Windows XP machine online, after telling you not to put a Windows Vista machine online? Well, that, again, but for Windows 7. It went EOL back in 2015 and hasn't had any security updates for us mere mortals since then - and even corporations paying through the nose for the extended security update support stopped receiving 'em more than three years ago.

Please don't put a Windows 7 (or Windows Vista, or Windows XP) machine online.

Anyway, these are probably what you need. But please don't put it online.

numanoid and adidan like this.
  3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

To be honest if it runs Windows 7, it will more than likely run Windows 10 which isn't EOL and will also more than likely be able to run whatever you need it to run. I think you can still do the upgrade for free as well.

It will also reduce Gareth's workload not having to post about old operating systems and how they shouldn't be online :hehe:

Gareth Halfacree, numanoid and adidan like this.
  4. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Not me its my son mate, ive warned him but he takes no notice, ill try and find windows 10 for him, its getting hold of the activation key, cheers buddy

5. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thanks buddy, ill try and find windows 10 for him and see if it will run his games, my son is one of those people that gets something into his head you can never change his mind so i said fair enough if you want win 7 ill put it on for you but dont start moaning when it messes up

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Any one of a number of dodgy key resellers will give you a Windows 10 CD key for a quid or three.
    Trouble is, once it's messed up you've got a pwned machine on your internal network. First his Windows 7 (or Vista, or XP) box gets rooted, then it starts scanning the rest of your network for vulnerabilities, next thing you know the systems you care about just got ransomwared and you're trying to figure out how to buy $5,000 worth of Bitcoin to get your files back.

And then your ISP shuts you off 'cos your boxes have been packeting the White House for a week.

numanoid likes this.
  7. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Time for someone to train GPT-4 on only Gareth's forum responses so that we can give this man a break :naughty:

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  8. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thanks mate, im installing windows 10 without him.knowing lol, can windows drivers be had for said motherboard, thank you

9. Gareth Halfacree

H61's an Intel chipset, so it should just work under Windows 10 without the need to install a driver bundle. Probably.

numanoid likes this.
  10. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Thank you matey, appretiate your help and advice

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  11. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Everything went great buyt once windows 10 was installed everytime the pc rebooted it kept coming up that it was repairing windows, then said it had to uninstall some downloads, any idea guys, thanks

12. Gareth Halfacree

You're asking the wrong guy there, I'm afraid. I haven't used Windows in anger since Windows 2000 was the new hotness.

numanoid likes this.
  13. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Could be it cocked up with some updates. One way to clear it is to launch services.msc (open windows start menu and begin typing in services.msc and it'll find the system app, you can press return/enter or click on it to open it), in the services window that pops up, in the list of services, find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service, right click and stop it. Then find the Windows Update service, right click and stop. Then open a file explorer window and navigate to the c/windows/software distribution folder and remove everything in the downloads folder. Then reboot.

numanoid likes this.
  14. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Will do thanks kenco matey