1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other New Amazon Kindle

Discussion in 'General' started by Pieface, 29 Jul 2010.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This, I want one just to have a ton of classic literature that I can carry and read. The PDFs are all available even without a kindle, but reading PDF books on a computer is just a bit bleh. Somehow it doesn't work.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My kindle arrived today and so far i'm impressed. The screen is a lot clearer and responds faster than my colleagues old Sony ereader. Thankfully the keyboard is not needed the majority of the time as its rather clumsy to use. The wireless syncing of books is fantastic although on a 2 bar GPRS signal at work it takes a few minutes to download a book.

The biggest surprise has been that the lighted case weighs more than the kindle.

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

So much for expedited delivery, mine didn't arrive today even though it was dispatched on Sunday.

4. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Mine almost arrived today but Royal Mail turned up 5 minutes late and there was no-one in. They are redelivering tomorrow.

Have Amazon refunded your delivery charges (for not delivering on release day)? If not and you ordered when they were promising release day delivery ask. They refunded my both the Kindle's and the Cover's delivery even though the cover arrived on time.

5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I rang up asking for my delivery refunded which they reluctantly gave back. Loads of people got upgraded to Expedited from Super-Saver, and I ask why I had to pay for it and he said it was because I chose it. A swift call to his Manager and it was sorted.

Then I sent an email as people who ordered like 4 days after had their orders tended to while mine was ignored and they had the cheek to say they've upgraded my shipping for free to expedited. Amazon lost a huge amount of respect from me from this farce.

6. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Postman's just been and no Kindle again.

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

RM are backed up due to bank hol. i'm missing a load of stuff i ordered on friday that was despatched same day. nevermind, eh.

8. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I'd expect Expedited to still be next day as per the Amazon website. People got theirs dispatched yesterday and received them today. Even those who ordered a week after I ordered mine.

9. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

It should be next day but they chose to send Kindles by Royal Mail First Class so it is actually up to 2 days. They are delivered by the Royal Mail Parcel Van so it could still arrive today, unfortunately there is no way to track delivery. I'm still waiting for redelivery on mine but they didn't try until 13:05 yesterday so it could be a while yet.

10. Fod

yes that too - RM parcels don't come with main mail bits.

I ordered mine a couple days ago. three week wait :-/

11. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

My Kindle just arrived and is now charging.

12. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Lucky, mine's still nowhere to be found.

13. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Still nothing. Such an anti-climax now. Pathetic.

14. Fod

Hahahaha sorry man must suck to be you. May I suggest you kill time by reading an actual book?

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I haven't bought any books due to expecting the Kindle.

16. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Sounds like Royal Mail may have lost it. By now Amazon should be able to raise it with Royal Mail, who cannot do much, but Amazon should be able to ship you a new Kindle to replace it. They keep some back for DOA customer returns so you shouldn't have to wait. They may even ship using someone other than Royal Mail.

Also have you checked with neighbours? I once had a Special Delivery item (from Amazon) delivered to a neighbour by mistake and if my neighbour hadn't brought it round I may never have known where it ended up.

17. Pieface

Pieface Modder

It's not special delivery. It's just First Class. Amazon have been lying to a heck of a lot of people about it.

And it won't be with neighbours as they would have sent it over by now. The tracking number I got given says it's at Amazon's warehouse still.

18. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

I didn't think they could track the shipments as they were First Class (I was using the SD one as an example). My Kindle certainly did not have a tracking number on the label, well not one Royal Mail could use anyway.

19. Pieface

Pieface Modder

They didn't give out tracking numbers to us. I had to ring up and get it.

20. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

I'd take the tracking data with a pinch of salt as looking at the label that was on my Kindle there is no way for Royal Mail to identify the parcel in their system. The only unique code on there is the Amazon internal tracking code.

By now Amazon should be shipping you a replacement.