1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New CCL forum launches on bit-tech

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 18 May 2010.

1. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

thats cool ill start looking at their site

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Here's a "welcome (back), CCL"...

Will CCL by any chance start accepting orders from mainland Europe, say Denmark? :)

3. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Sorry but their after sale support is one the worst i have encountered.

Pity as i live round the corner from them..

4. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Great i remember buying my first self built computer from these guys back when they were in a dodgy little building off Leeds road in Bradford. They really went up in the world when they moved to Tong.

Never had a problem with their service taken a few things back and had them replaced straight away but ive always done it in person. Also found their website delivery fast.

5. Tom @ CCL

Tom @ CCL AKA: Yewen

It happens, its how you deal with the mistakes that sets you apart. :)

Do you have any details so I can look into what went wrong?

6. NickCPC

NickCPC Minimodder

Credit given where credit is due, at least you CCL guys are actively looking into sorting out previous customer issues.

7. Skippylee

Skippylee Now then!

I bought my very first ever PC from CCL many years ago when they were based at Gibson street (I think). It was a AMD 266, 128MB RAM, 1.7GB hard drive - what a power house :D

8. Tom @ CCL

Very RAM heavy machine that for the time!

Was the standard back then for that chip not 32mb/64mb?

9. Gavster2002

Gavster2002 What's a Dremel?

Great news

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Excellent news! Have found CCL to be a great company to deal with. :thumb:

11. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Ive never used CCL but do occasionally browse the site. Am i the only person that finds the site layout 'awkward'? Im not quite sure why but i seem to spend more time looking for things than i do on other hardware sites.

Now that you have a presence on the forums at least we have a direct link for problems and quiries

12. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

CCL has not had the greatest reputation in the world! BUT it is nice to see them trying to connect with the community especially one with the pushing power of Bit-Tech. This shows they are trying to sort out this reputation... I have refrained from CCL for a while now but I think I am going to add you to my list of "price hunt" retailers! Cheers CCL and Bit-Tech!

13. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I know its only my own experience, but bought a custom-built PC from CCL Online recently, and was happy with the service. The actual Heat-sink came off in the post, but they responded quickly to my e-mails, and everything was sorted in the end, with speed. Any time I've used their customer service, I've always had speedy helpful, replies. Just my experience though.

Agree about their site though - it just feels that bit slower then its rivals, and that bit harder to navigate.

14. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Do you have any details so I can look into what went wrong?[/QUOTE]

Well first off all, that women in returns is useless.

And my RMA took about 9 weeks, this was abit after Asus officially announced there RMA's would take no longer than 5 working days maximum, with a combination of lack of infomation from your end.
    As you can imagine i was massively annoyed as i use my computer for work also.

i've also found your sales staff on the phones utterly useless, which has resulted in me returning stuff because of the bad product suggestions.

Also why is your website so slow?

15. Tom @ CCL

For everyones information we have a new site in the pipelines.

Should be an improvement in every area over what we currently have by quite some way. :)

Can you PM me your order number for the bad Asus board so I can look into it?

All Asus, Gigabyte and MSI returns should be rather speedy these days as they have all over the past year made vast improvements to their RMA procedure for retaillers and end users.

Let me get an understanding of what went wrong and I will take it from there. :)

16. Adrian @ CCL

Adrian @ CCL What's a Dremel?

OK so back around 2001, that was the year we moved from our original premises up a back street (perhaps not the best address in Bradford) to the place we are now. We moved the whole operation over a weekend and continued on the Monday as if nothing had happened - crazy I can't imagine how we did it!

Back to the the EDO memory, I still have my notebook from 1995 with the first pricing spreadsheet we did - that shows 16Mb EDO was around £360 then! I guess it wasn't that cheap in 2001 either!

Enough of my trip down memory lane and thanks for your order!

17. Steve @ CCL

Steve @ CCL CCL Tech. Support

Ha ha, you think that takes you back Adrian I found a PC Mag advertising CD-ROM Drives at £199....

I also remember when blank CD's were £1.40 each and I used to cry when I got a failed burn, I won't say the good old days because by todays standards they were far from good... but they were good enough back then, for Monkey Island and The Day Of The Tentacle games, I miss those games....

18. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I still have a couple copies of Amiga Action. This nostalgia going anywhere? ;)

19. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Please god make sure it involves a better laptop section, been looking for a laptop for my sister that has a graphics card good enough for the sims 3 that isn't Intel and I just instantly gave up with your site, I don't want to shop by brand, I want to shop by what's in the laptop. I ended up going on ebuyer and filtering the section by nvidia/ati graphics and seeing what the best value for money machine was on there.

Other than that the only problem I've had is just a wrong price on a fan controller so my order got cancelled =\ Everything else has been great although my scythe floppy/card reader combo box was slightly damaged but that's most likely the couriers fault not yours.

20. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

HUZZARH! Nicely done!

I see what you did there.

:D

That RAM upgrade made my PB last until I was almost 19. If I hadn't have had that machine for my 11th b'day (and possibly the RAM upgrade) I doubt I'd be working in IT now.

Tags: Add Tags