new computer for friend

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bender386, 20 Nov 2006.

1. Josephs

Josephs What's a Dremel?

What exactly is the Hard Drive Fan Mount?
    From what I see, the Hard Drive Fans are in front of the Hard Drives, not behind them. I'm talking about the Blue LED Fans. They're mentioned in the specs;

"Two 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans to cool hard disk drives", and then..
    "The HDD cages act as air ducts to take air in more efficiently. Optional middle 120mm fan bracket to cool the hottest graphic cards or CPU"

I'm thinking that the Fan Bracket which they remove in that Review here at Bit-Tech to fit the 8800GTX doesn't actually have any fans in it.. If that's the case, then it should be no loss.

:eek:

2. Josephs

Josephs What's a Dremel?

I was actually looking at a few reviews, and discovered that the hard drive cages come out of the case for easy installation of new hard drives. On the front of the case, you can see 2 large LCD Fans. Each one of these fans is installed infront of one of the Hard Drive cages. Each cage holds 3 hdd's, and there are 2 cages.

This inner hard drive fan mount (Which comes with no fans) needs to be removed to install the 8800GTX, but seeing as though there are 2 of these hard drive cages, why not just install the fan mount onto the other cage? Or in that case, just swap the 2 cages around..

lol..

3. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

i wasnt aware there were 2 cages, havent really read up much on the Antec 900. Buty yeh, looking at pictures of it in the review, simply use the bottom HDD cage and you can keep said fan. make sure to get a modular psu though, as the bottom cage used up, there will be no room to hide of all the cables (not that youll be looking at it, it just makes for better airflow)

4. Josephs

Josephs What's a Dremel?

Yeah, but the thing that stumps me though is why they didn't do that in the review..
    seems sort of noob to pull the frame apart if you can just swap it around. lol