1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New version of Android to feature Flash, tethering

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 14 May 2010.

1. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Will any Android 2.0 handset be able to run 2.2?
    If so, so easy will it be to upgrade?

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Are there any Android phones with the Blackberry screen/keyboard split form factor? After having Android on my Eee PC for a while, I really would like to be able to use that as a phone..

3. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

If you get an android phone on t-mobile, the fair use is 3GB :)

5. fabler

fabler What's a Dremel?

Its really cool. And I am waiting for froyo update excitedly. I am running an N1.

6. fev

fev Industry Fallout

2.1 is coming to Orange Hero's fairly soon. I love HTC's sense as it has tethering built in and works flawlessly with Exchange 2007. Also much quicker than the iPhone when working with Exchange and the battery lasts twice as long!!

7. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

Sprint, Verizon, and I think even Cricket have unlimited data plans. Though I have a blackberry, and never use more then 15mb a month, I don't know how anyone could pull down 500mb+ on a cellphone.

8. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Hero - tethered 3.2GB. Untethered - 1.6GB

Blackberry 9700 - untethered 960MB

9. TrickyGT

TrickyGT What's a Dremel?

@ch424
    Where did you get that deal as all the T-Mobile deals I see are 1GB fair usage.

How likely is it the HTC will update the Desire to Froyo? Would hate to get a phone that was then running "old" software straight away.

10. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

@TrickyGT - 3GB is standard with any Android phone sold by T-Mobile... and it's treated as a freebie rather than a the flexible booster, so you can choose another. It's the reason I avoided Orange and Vodafone as they could only offer 500MB for the same money... and my calls to 01, 02 & 03 numbers don't count in my minutes allowance thanks to the flexible booster option. And even though the 3g coverage may not be as good as I'd like, it's decent enough to work 95%+ of the time I want it to.

But ithe 3GB limit only applies to Android phones. Don't expect it if the phone you're looking at isn't Android.

On topic with 2.2 it all looks good, but chances are I'll be waiting a while. As much as I love my SE X10, it uses 1.6 thanks to SE having developed its UX skin for it and they're not updating to 2.1 until November, let alone 2.2.

Tags: Add Tags