1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No flapjacks for me

Discussion in 'General' started by NiHiLiST, 4 Jun 2006.

1. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I had a real sudden craving for flapjacks about an hour ago. There were none in the house, no ingredients to make any or even any kind of oaty substitute food that could have filled the void.

So I just went to the local 24-hour Tesco to find they close at 8pm on a Sunday. Pretty lame. The burning desire for sweet chewy goodness was still there however, so I went to the (slightly) further afield 24-hour Tesco to find they have now changed to close at 8pm on a Sunday too! Very lame. I was going to try a third one but I doubt I could have taken the pain had that one been closed too.

So, when you get itchy teeth (as we all do when we want flapjacks and nothing else will quite do) are there any good substitutes that I might have hidden away in my kitchen?

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Meat.

3. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

:hehe:

4. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

What about some cereal? That might be sufficiently oaty. or, ooh, what about rice crispie squares - marshmallows + rice crispies?

AH

5. $loth

$loth What's a Dremel?

mmmmm.... chocolate chip flapjack's! Haven't made those in a while *drools*

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

:D Meat is good most of the time really. There is a tasty-looking pack of bacon that keeps giving me the eye whenever I open the fridge so that may be devoured later.

Cereal is good, but doesn't have that chew-factor of a good flapjack. Plus I've had so much dairy today I think I'll be cacking cheese for a week, so probably best I don't have any more milk.

Rice Krispie squares would be fantastic, but alas we have no marshmallows :(

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Agreed, meat is a substitute for all foods. Unless your vegetarian, but we all know vegetarians are barely human anyway, so they don't count.

8. alpha112

alpha112 Modder

Cereal + honey/syrup + freezer for a few mins = chewy flapjack like texture

Or alternatively, cereal + melted sugar, let it cool for min or so then eat before it sets.

All so nutritious too :D

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

A half-gallon of ice cream! After eating that, I guarantee that you won't have any more cravings =P.

Darn, now I'm in the mood for some pancakes. Or waffles. Hmm... maybe both. Darn it!!

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That should've been the top of the list. Proper waffles own so hard it makes my eyes bleed. Rice crispy squares come in a close 2nd, and flapjacks are waaay down the list, after arctic roll, and fruit flans, and pancakes... And so many other deserts that make me want to run to the 24hr Tesco near here and buy something with enough sugar to make me ill...

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Man I have eaten like a whole tub of Ben & Jerry's, that fills any void!

12. customh

customh conflagration.

Wait...Tibby's sig says pie...i have some of that and its a somewhat flapjacky texture....TO THE PIE AND ICE CREAM!!!!

13. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

I'm a vegetarian... all my life, never ate meat (not counting a small peace of some square meat thing that accidentally got on my pizza)...

Never was curious about meat though, with exeptions of few meat dishes I've seen, most smell bad to me, and shiny oil/fat lliquid does not attract my eye either.

I really don't think much about it though, you eat meat, you don't eat meat. Not a big deal nowadays with frikking millions of different foodstuffs and calories creeping around in your refrigerator.

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

:hehe::hehe:
    and sigged

15. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

LoL at 'and sigged'
    but what are 'flapjacks' ?
    picture please

16. $loth

$loth What's a Dremel?

You what now!

[​IMG]

They're made from oats, golden syrup, brown sugar and butter.

17. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

LoL, what the heck ARE those! (Yes, I know you said they're flapjacks, but still...)

Over here on the other side of the lake, flapjacks are synonymous with pancakes. I'm DEFINITELY going to have to come over there at some point. Some of you guys are going to have to throw some kind of a "show Stuey the foods he's missing" party!

18. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Why don't you order some off ebay? Super ultra-fast delivery. :thumb:

19. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Make some dude. :rock:

20. quack

quack Minimodder

Mmm flapjacks (the oaty kind). I love flapjacks. Especially if they've covered in chocolate. *drooool*