1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics No video after POST with graphics card

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by hodgy100, 20 Aug 2013.

1. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

My friend is having an issue with his pc where he gets no video output with his HD6850 after the post screen, even attempting to open the bios results in a black screen

Now this works fine if i switch over to the integrated graphics i can see everything and the bios is picking up the graphics card correctly. but switching over to the dedicated card results in the blank screen after POST or if I enter the BIOS.

The only thing I can try out is using another graphics card to confirm that the motherboard is the problem, or taking the card back to mine to test it in my PC. I was just wandering if anyone else here has any suggestions?

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Put your 4850 in there and see if the problem persists.

3. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

don't have the 4850 on me at the moment unfortunately, but i do have a spare 8600gt that i will try out.

4. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

ok so i have managed to run the questionable graphics card and the intel graphics in tandem and I am getting video output from the graphics card. i am pretty confused what was wrong with it.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Your graphic is not GOP ready.

So:
    1- Go in your BIOS/UEFI with your integrated graphic card
    2- Enable CSM (Compatibility Support Module)
    3- Don't forget to set your computer to boot from the graphic card (PCI-E, or can also be referred as PEG. Don't select: PCI)
    4- Save and quit. Then turn off the system and install the graphic card. And turn on.

If that does not work, then disable UEFI. (You might require to re-install Windows).

To make the graphic card GOP ready, go on the manufacture website of the card (Not AMD), and download the latest firmware (aka: vBIOS) for the graphic card. It must be noted that:
    -> Not all graphic card can have their firmware updated. Some manufacture, used firmware chip that can't be updated, or not large enough for a GOP ready firmware.
    -> Your manufacture might have cut support, and simply don't care in updating your graphic card to a firmware that is GOP ready.
    -> GOP ready graphic card will NO LONGER WORK on BIOS based systems. It will ONLY work on FULLY supported UEFI motherboards.

6. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

What's GOP?

(I noticed you helped someone with the same problem on LTT forums)

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator