1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Noobie Water Boy!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richman, 7 Jan 2004.

1. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

As my review was linked and praised I feel very proud :D

I must also mention that one of the great dangerden kits that you can get at coolercases was reviewed here.

Good luck with the watercooling richman, just remember to take it slow and don't be affraid to ask questions if you are unsure of anything. We don't want you spending all that money only to get the kit and have a leak over your hardware.

2. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

So the kit that i have listed further up in this thread will be a good kit as i want to put my own together to get the best of everything instead of getting a kit, also will the waterblock screw onto my new Abit AI7 i just want to make sure that i get the correct block And iam still a little unsure what the 3 barbs are for dose anyone have a diagram to show me what it will look like hooked up.
    Cheers
    Richman

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Here's a pic of M_D_K's RBX dual setup. The water goes into the block through the middle barb, goes through the block and out fo either side. It's then joined back together using Y splitters.

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Basicly with the RBX your geting a high flow into the centre barb on the block using the jet and then it splits into dual outlets to get the hot water out of the block as quick as its coming in. This systems eems to help cooling better then a dual barb block hence thiats why they have done it. What you have to have is a Y-splitter which is included with the block this allows you to go from dual outlets to a single tube you could however get a dual bay res then have 2 tubes coming out but this isn't the best way to do it and involvles a hell of alot of tub and effort.

If you look at the link posted above :D you can see how its basicly set up, what you do is cut 2 6" pieces of tube then these 2 pieces go from the outside barbs to the Y-splitter then you go from there to your res etc...

Good luck

5. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

I would possibly suggest a larger pump with the RBX, something like the eheim 1250 or the Hydor L30. The swiftech MCP600 is also a good choice.

8-ball

6. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

I have started putting my kit together, :D today i ordered a Typhoon Bay Res :rock: this res takes up two drive bays in the case so it should be a mean piece of kit. I was also woundering if someone could tell me where i could get some die to make the water in my kit go green.
    Cheers
    Richman

Tags: