1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other nVidia project shield

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rollo, 14 May 2013.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Nvidia makes no money on games, that's the problem. So they can't sale the console at a loss.
    Also, the console is more powerful than the Vita and 3DS.

And also, I don't think that Nvidia expect to sale several millions. So the production is low, therefor the price per unit is higher.

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

i don't seen the point of this at all, why would i want to play PC games at 720P on a 5" screen

the only games i'd want to play mobile are available on my android phone

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

The Nvidia Shield, is like if you take the WiiU and merge it with the Vita.
    It is a portable console, like the Vista (or 3DS without the 2 screen and 3D screen), and also, you can do like the WiiU, where you can play your, in this case, PC games "anywhere" in the house (strong wireless connection needed, of course)

5. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Bit expensive really. What would be awesome is if I could do the same via an app, with controller support for iPad. As someone has already said, pc games arent really suited to phones and tablets is probably pushing it aswell.

6. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

"Project shield" >> Why does it remind me of a project to protect from missile attack?

Nvidia creates missile defense around Cuda.

7. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

I see what you done there :clap:

I wouldn't mind seeing more information on this, it offers a nice feature of the Wii U for a completely different platform. Yes it's expensive but definitely not as expensive as it could've been. It isn't meant to be a true handheld gaming competitor in my eyes, or at least if it is then Nvidia are on drugs.

8. Ainz

Ainz What's a Dremel?

I dont know if this thread is still alive and kicking or not, but am I right in saying that as well as streaming pc games from your pc to the device itself, you can use it to stream to other displays away from your pc? I'm interested in this because i use 2 pc's for gaming, one in my study (powerful pc), and a second in my lounge (aging pc) connected to my TV. If the Shield thingy can do this it would be ace for me as i wouldnt need to worry about upgrading my lounge pc at all as i'd be able to use my main pc still.