1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFF TOPIC:what is you're opinion about microsoft

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by white modder, 27 Oct 2003.

?

what is you're opinion about microsoft

1. microsoft rules!

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. microsoft and linux are good

34 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. don't bother me

8 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. microsofties

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. they can't do a thing right

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. microsoft stinks and they can **** ** ***

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

Posting during a server hiccup is bad, mmkay.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2004
  2. digitalattrition

digitalattrition What's a Dremel?

i personally love linux (i use mandrake, gentoo and slackware). but, i also use windows for photoshop (haven't gotten it to work in wine) and bryce 5.

3. loply

loply What's a Dremel?

What?! Linux supported Athlon64 before it was released, same with USB2!

The major hardware linux is years ahead of windows...

...Only the odd junk winmodem or cheap desktop printer is supported on Windows but not on Linux.

4. nugget

nugget What's a Dremel?

MICROSOFT BLOWS!!!! LINUX ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWER TO THE PENGUIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :clap:

5. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

that is wat we want to hear :rock:

6. Ricx

Ricx What's a Dremel?

I'd never really used linux until I got to university (CompSci @ Warwick :thumb: ), but I'm becoming increasingly impressed with it. I had RedHat 8 on my box for a while, then 9 and Mandrake 9, but had to get rid, due to lack of disk space. When I get a new HDD will set up linux properly and have a proper play.

What I don't understand are people who moan about what's better - Windows/Linux. Have the best of both worlds and dual boot!

And Microsoft? - Good games, good mice and keyboards, finally started getting their act together with their OS's. Be nice if they managed to sort out security probs. Looking forward to seeing what Longhorn will be like.

7. counterclockwise

counterclockwise What's a Dremel?

The hardware thing - it's true, you do have to be careful what hardware you buy, whereas buy any cheap hardware and you know it'll more or less work with windows. However, if you buy good hardware, it will be in some way supported - nvidia is the way to go with graphics cards - the installer is magnificent, working perfectly from a GF2 (the earliest it tried, it's meant to work with tnt's too) to a FX5950U. Ok, ATI support doesnt match up, but anything from an 8500 up is supported in 3D.

another thing - linux is fantastically more stable - leave this box on XP or even 2000 for a week and it'll be anything but smooth, whereas i've had it on linux for a month straight once, and it was perfect - not a glitch, no reboots needed. I only pulled it down cos i was going to a lan party.