1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Old games you're trying again?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGreatSatan, 27 May 2022.

1. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Member for 17 years!

I'm playing Oblivion again. The Steam version supports my RTX 3080 and my 3440x1440 monitor so that's a huge plus

Pete J likes this.
  2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Oh man, Oblivion. I remember my days just before building my first actual gaming computer, only got a x800gto, which was not officially supported, so had to run it using a mod called Oldblivion. It looked horrible, but TES gameplay is solid as always.

I played a few level of Commandos 2 last week thanks to a steam-key giveaway. It brought back a lot of memories. The HD remake also supports latest hardware and ultrawide.

Crysis remaster, does that count as old? Before Prey 2017 sucked me in, I was 2/3 way through that.

TheGreatSatan likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Recently played through Company of Heroes again and I've just started my annual replay of Dishonored, which is a contender for my favourite game ever.

4. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

recently got the steam deck and its more or less all ive filled it with.

All the old need for speeds from underground till nfs heat
    Emulators for the ps1,2,psp from crash to god of war

Way to many to name, but playing nfs u2 on the deck.... many hours enjoyed, very quickly brought a smile to my face

gamesaregood likes this.
  5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

How "old" are we talking here? I was streaming a game from 1989 the other day :grin:

6. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Played through the old Boulderdash levels recently and still loved it! Everquest goes on occasionally. Saw the Oblivion sale price but I'm still waiting for the Sky-blivion mod for the updated textures and such.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Not currently trying again, but on the list to do so:
    • Homeworld: Remastered
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • Black Mesa
    Homeworld's on there because I played it at launch, and apparently much work has been done on it since (and the first game is on my best games of all time list). Batman, because of my reignited interest in comics. And Black Mesa, because it's excellent.

Obsidian_Lord and wyx087 like this.
  8. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I recently caved in and bought Homeworld Remastered as well - in my queue to play.
    At the moment I'm replaying MDK for some real old fun.
    Also enjoying Thief 3 again with the Sneaky mods, which makes it feel much more like the first two but better looking.

Last edited: 31 May 2022
  9. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Portal, Portal 2

10. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Horizon Zero Dawn. I tried it when it was a freebie for the PS4 and left it as I just kept dying very early on. I've just gone back to it today, got past the sticking point and really enjoying it. I did watch a play through a while ago but I can't remember how the story played out, only that it went a bit weird toward the end. I recall watching the first encounter with a Sawtooth was pretty intimidating but the first time I did it, it didn't really pose that much of a threat. A few well-placed trip cast traps and a whole bunch of fire arrows soon brought the machine to its knees. I was surprised at myself tbh as I was prepared for it to take multiple attempts but I somehow managed it first go. Love the side quests that pop up too.

I must finish my second play through of Portal 2 soon too. And do what I guess must be the final boss in Concrete Genie.

Pete J likes this.
  11. keef247

keef247 Modder

Quake 2/Broken Sword 2, Splinter Cell 1-3, Soul Reaver 1-2... Just finished Fallout 3 and Splinter Cell Conviction/Blacklist.

12. kenco_uk

Broken Sword 2 is pretty darn good. Watch out for the goat though!

MightyBenihana and keef247 like this.
  13. keef247

keef247 Modder

haha that's the first game ;) I like the bit at the docks on the second game haha! as it was in the ps1 demo! and it's just amusing messing with that drunk bloke in the building lol

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Last year I played through Gothic 2:Night of the Raven, originally it was only released in German, after a while their was a fan dub that I think was more effort to install than it was worth. Now (since 2005!) you can get an official edit as part of the Gothic Gold package.

It was the same game as Gothic 2 but with an expansion that gives a whole other map and additional storyline, but at the same time it changed a bit of the underlying dynamic making things more challenging. I'd been wanting to play it forever and it was a nice little foray, not exactly worth the wait but if you enjoyed the series it is worth a look.

15. keef247

keef247 Modder

playing the original far cry atm and portal 2 again because it's so funny with Steve Merchant

16. kenco_uk

Good grief, I guess it shows how long ago it was! The last one, Sleeping Dragon was an alright play through with a good story.

keef247 likes this.
  17. keef247

keef247 Modder

yeah i'd like to get round to doing all of them as i've never finished a single one. come so close on multiple platforms doing the first.

18. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I've just replayed Tomb Raider Legend, and now replaying Tomb Raider Anniversary, Underworld coming next. It's surprising how well they stack up against the modern titles: they're not as expansive, and the graphics obviously aren't as good, but still pretty fun.

keef247 likes this.
  19. keef247

keef247 Modder

timeless. I think them and the recent trilogy are perfection, espesically the recent trilogy. just so stream lined and spot on what we always dreamed off. LOVED anniversary though! was amazing for it's time!
    Did you do the UT4 engined remake demo of TR2?

20. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I’d not seen the UT4 version of TR2, but just downloaded the demo!

keef247 likes this.