Portable One Plus One Community

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MSHunter, 1 Oct 2014.

1. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Mine took a week. Depends on stock.

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I bought my phone a few months ago. Back when they were giving out invites. I was pretty frustrated that I couldn't get an invite, or even just buy the phone... Saw a dozen excuses as to why that was. Didn't care. Bought the HTC M8. Love it, and never looking back.

Hope that anyone who does have one is enjoying it, and congrats on getting an invite to be able to buy one.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

They still demand invites. Which is the reason why i went with LG G3, even if it is ~200 euros more expensive. If i didn't want to go through invite, then local shop is able to get them - for 420 euros (64GB model) ! :wallbash:.

4. PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn Unholy Cyborg Fruit Machine

Random invite showed up. Got about 20hr left. Yell if wanted

5. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Who wants an invite? Received at 1:00 last night. If not requested within 1 hour I will donate in one plus forums so it is not waisted.

Sent from Bittech Android app

6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

As I do not want this to go unused its now been posted on the oneplus forums under The UK family.

7. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Finally have my One.

Gonna use it for a week and see how it compares day-to-day with my Nexus 5.
    Already had my first crash though, locked the phone put it down and the screen refused to come back on. The soft buttons lit up but had nothing on screen. Had to hard power the phone :(

Anyone know of a tidy flip case that does the smart screen power on thing? The official ones appear to be out of stock :(

8. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Just switched it over from Dalvik to Art and boy is it a warm phone when you make it compile 166 apps consecutively :D

9. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Loving Cyanogenmod so much I now have it on my NookHD+ (that took some doing) and my old Note N7000. Really got into the roms now. Got liquid smooth CM on the Nook and will probably switch Note to slimsaber so it runs faster. I have it on stock CM atm.

10. mitch311

mitch311 What's a Dremel?

Been looking at this phone as a possible replacement for my aging HTC Incredible S. Amazing specs for the money but I think 5.5" is a bit on the large side for me.

For those that may be interested they now have a 1hr order window on 27th Oct 3-4pm GMT so you can order a 64GB phone without an invite. You can set up the preorder beforehand and just click the order button on the day.

http://preorder.oneplus.net/

11. Hg

Hg The game known as life

anyone got a spare invite kicking around would love to get my hands on this phone

12. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Did anyone manage to get in on the 1 hour pre-order window?

13. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

They extended it to 3 hours when the site crashed (shock horror). An engineer I work with bought one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

14. yougotkicked

yougotkicked A.K.A. YGKtech

I got mine about a week ago, upgrading from a 4+ year old non-smart phone (No I'm not a technological hermit, for the last 4 years I've worked for and attended a large university with great wifi coverage, so I could use a tablet on wifi for my daily mobile device needs)

So far I love it, the only real complaint I have is that it gets dodgy reception right now (Tmobile, this is a known issue with the phone, some workarounds exists but people are hoping for a software update to fix it.) Even that's not much of an issue since I usually have good wifi access, and even with 1 bar I can send/recieve text messages and phone calls. (I think the phone may just be mis-reporting it's signal strength)

Has anyone had success with rooting their phone? I found a lot of guides and tools for it, but after 3 hours of work I gave up. Kind of wish they would have shipped it with sudo rights, or provided an official tool for rooting it.

I for one will be forgoing a screen protector and case. The screen is Gorilla Glass 3, and the phone is big enough without a case, I'll just make a point of not dropping it.

15. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I have 3 invites good for 6 days for the 64GB black model, who is interested?

16. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

This phone looks interesting. Hands on experience how does it compare to other current gen phones people have owned\tried?, I was looking at the LG G2\G3 to replace my iPhone 4 until I spotted this. There isn't much choice at £200-300 with a good spec (good reviews\feedback) and 32gb+ or memory card option.

17. alanwade

alanwade What's a Dremel?

18. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Been very tempted by this due to price and hardware yet im reluctant to jump back to android.

1. Saw a review where the reviewer said the screen had froze on a few occasions. Has anyone else had this problem or was it just down to his individual hardware.

2. What is updating the phone like? Currently windows phone everything is mostly left intact. Does upgrading the OS for example basically reset everything?

19. JamesRC

JamesRC Minimodder

I've had mine for 3 months or so now, really like it.

1. Not had any freezing on mine, very stable on both CM11S (oneplus one specific) and now the CM12 nightlies.

2. Updating the phone has been very easy - CM11S had OTA updates with no hassle and now running CM12 nightlies I can update every day if desired (but I choose to update more or less once a week). No major software bugs, lollipop runs very well.

CM12S is expected soon, or the OnePlus Oxygen OS will be available.

20. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Anyone got a spare invite? For some strange reason I can order the phone today, but not the Bamboo case. Or is it a specific invite for it?