1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Orac³ - Part 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by G-gnome, 22 Dec 2003.

1. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Here we have it - the fourth official installment in the Orac³ Modding Project...

[​IMG]
    Click Me! Click Me!

2. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

1st reply!

Rockingness as usual :rock:

3. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

There is no link to this thread on the article page :worried:

Last time I was complaining about the last page of the article being blank, this time I've got an entire diffrent problem to complain about :duh:

Looking great, as always!

How much is this thing gonna weigh when fully loaded up? Are you gonna have to hire movers to get it from your secret gnomish workshop to your desk? :p

4. Sir Godfrey

Sir Godfrey What's a Dremel?

Seriously well played mate, this is by far the nicest mod I've ever seen and your articles are like a modding bible. Every time you put a new instalment I'm like "this is ace, but the dvd drives will wreck it, or how will he make all the PCB fit in and look cool?", and you just knock 'em down one by one and keep it looking totally sweet.

Nice choice with the mobo I think the black will look class with the rest of it. My only worry now is that bright red Radeon, not sure that won't stand out from the colour scheme a bit, but I've learned to trust you on that.

Keep it up and this PC should be in an art gallery when its finished.

:clap:

5. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Thanks for the comments Sir Godfrey. The motherboard and PCI cards will be 'hidden' so the colour won't matter all that much. ;)

YD87 - there should be a working link there now (I'm still getting the hang of setting articles live) :D .

6. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

I love what you did to the pump...I know that most people would ahve given up at this point...not wanting to risk riuning a good pump. But, as usual, you are not so easily beaten...and as usual you continue to amaze us. Can't wait for part 5....

PS I envy your 4 SATA drives....I only have 1 :sigh: .

7. KypD

KypD What's a Dremel?

yup, i've read all of every installment and i hungrily await the next one. :D

8. 5am

5am What's a Dremel?

The one thing more than any other I love about g-gnome's posts on his Orac mod are the pics. Really helpful in understanding what he's doing. It's a pain I'm sure to always be stopping to take pics, so many thanks. This mod, as all have said, is a wonder.

9. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Thanks 5am! Welcome to the forums (your sig rocks!). :) It certainly does slow things down a lot having to take pics, but it's worth it in the end.

I used to do it professionally (mainly photographing people though) so I tend to be fussy sometimes - usually only with the nice candy pics - the rest I am usually in a rush or are at night with artificial light.

10. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Can I throw a little praise & glory around in here too…?

11. GottaHurt

GottaHurt What's a Dremel?

Incredible. I'm new to all this, but it's nice to see what kind of mentors I have just discovered.

12. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Welcome to the forums GottaHurt! :)

13. x-rae

x-rae What's a Dremel?

gnome do you have any full shots of your computer, i have an idea from the various location shots, but i wanted to know if you have a full view one.

14. GottaHurt

GottaHurt What's a Dremel?

Thanks G-gnome. I was over at mnpc.com looking to have some waterjetting done to my case, and he made mention of some of your work. Took a look see for myself, and again, WOW, outstanding craftmanship in your project.

15. defecto

defecto What's a Dremel?

This is really unbelievable! It is so cool and it all fits together! I followed your casemod from CaseJunkies, but i have registered on Bit-Tech now. I am looking forward to Orac3 Part 5!!!

16. einsteinthe2nd

einsteinthe2nd What's a Dremel?

No Hastling intended at all G-gnome...just wondering how your going with the latest update....just an idea i had, what if you put a little status bar somewhere that indicates how much you estimate your next update to be...to save people always asking when it will be up?......

17. Goldberg

Goldberg Minimodder

Probably when it's done. A lot of people don't realise that a good mod, done with perfection takes time, a lot of time. I really believe that if you would like to build something like this Orac you should never, ever :nono: :nono: set a time limit or deadline. Always take your time and don't get rushed by others.Not a flame to you by the way.

In one line:
    Just mod :dremel: don't rush :nono: take time :hip:

18. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

Christmas has taken it's toll on modding - lots of places are closed, plus family commitments etc. First 2 weeks in Jan should be fairly productive.

I really can't say when it will be done. Won't be long though.

Cheers :)

19. Sid

Sid Banned

Fantastic work. Nice rack. :thumb:

20. einsteinthe2nd

einsteinthe2nd What's a Dremel?

I must agree totally....but man do you know how hard it is...argghh this mod is like my life.......its to hard to resist finding out when the next installment is...and I myself was one to comment on how he should not go fast at all...coz we want to see this kind of qulaity and dedication to work right through until the last screw is in place....so please take your time man....but ...argghh i couldnt resist asking when your next update was considering the post you had made in the actuall project the last onme before you locked the thread..i was just curious as to what that meant...

/end making no sense at all

Tags: Add Tags