1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Original Crysis heading to consoles in October

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Sep 2011.

1. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

"All new effects." DirectX 9 effects are all new?

2. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Why all the hate?
    Nothing wrong with re-releasing crysis 1 to the console market.
    Of course its not going to look as good though.

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

:eeek: That is the same place?

4. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

Console Crysis with exciting new effects!
    • Realistic fog that limits your vision to 5 metres;
    • Nomad is now acutely short-sighted, so anything between 3-5 metres shows as a blur adding to the gaming challenge! (is that a barrel or a tank up there?);
    • Nomad has arthritis! Just try changing nanosuit modes now!
    • Super-realistic physics - whenever you move too fast, you trip and spend the next minute looking at the ground;
    • Fantastic plot enhancements! Prophet is now a cross-dressing born-again Scientologist in league with the Xenu aliens!
    • Improved dialogue with genuine call-centre Asian (and maybe even Korean) voices!
    Console Crysis - win at this and you'll have your PC cousins bent over a barrel! (or tank - or alien - they all look the same now!).

5. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

What's the point of the misleading (flatout lie) title of this article?
    "Original Crysis..." does not equal "Remastered...", in the very first sentence in the body of this article.
    The title should have been, "Console Version of Crysis Due in October". This says it all. It leaves no one a single thing to complain about. No reason to compare it to the PC version. Nothing even close to being controversial.
    It's easy to see why the author fails to identify his/her self as anything other than an alias. I'd be ashamed, too.
    I used to love British journalism. News "readers", not news "Reporters." Statements of fact, not fiction. It's a damned shame you British journalists have gone and become Americanized. You've become another turd in the world of s*** journalism. Congratulations. I'd offer you a "low-five" but I can't possibly reach that low. Besides. It's slimy down there.
    You actually work for Rupert Murdoch don't you? That would explain it.

6. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer What's a Dremel?

"Original Crysis" helps to clarify that it is the first (original) Crysis and not Crysis II or Crysis Warhead.
    Was checking the links in his signature so very hard?
    Going OT here but the UK news industry has always had examples of the best and worst in journalism. Compared to some of the utter tripe labelled as "mainstream media", sites like this are a haven of objectivity (before anyone accuses me of sucking up to mods, that isn't much of a compliment).
    Quick! Hack his voicemail!!

Now can we get back to b1tching about Crytek please? ;)

7. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

"The new version of Crytek's formally PC-exclusive shooter will include new controls, new lighting and 'all new effects' according to a video reveal on GameTrailers."

What a risible piece of marketing speak that is. It sounds awfully like the way Crysis 2 was described.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

My name is at the top of the news post.

9. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

This is such a joke.

10. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

love the fact that nearly half the footage in that trailer is pre-rendered cinematics! It may go down well with the console people as they thought crysis 2 was "the best thing since black ops" XD but it's still gonna fail terribly in mine and they eyes of all other PC gamers.

11. stouffer

stouffer What's a Dremel?

Meh, people can complain but if you can't afford a decent PC and already have a console around I can't see the harm in picking this up

It's better than nothing!

12. Deders

Deders Modder

Mastering in audio terms is taking the mix from the studio and making sure each track sounds like it's on the same album, and then making a different version that works best for each format, eg LP, CD or even tape.

We'll always have the best version of Crysis (somehow I doubt the consoles will manage parallax mapping, and lack of foliage will give less gameplay options etc) but I guess it's a chance to tell the story from the beginning for those who are several years behind.

As for DX11, it would be nice to see what tesselation would do in place of parallax mapping, and how well it would perform with the updated engine.

13. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Not well if it's done in the same way as crysis 2 is. Know what the most heavily tessellated object in the game is? A concrete traffic barrier. And the only noticeable difference between DX9 and DX11 for that is a tiny protrusion on the top...

14. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

At least wait until next-gen to do it properly.

15. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

should have just released it and not announced it plus let alone call it remastered,lol

Tags: Add Tags