1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Parkside Power Tools

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 5 Mar 2023.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Unfortunately, got quite a lot of work to be done in the garden to get it child safe and a reasonable place for the summer, bunch of donated timber to achieve such a job but I REALLY don’t fancy going at it with a hand saw…

Lidl shop today so I walked down the coveted “middle aisle” £44.99 for a Parkside battery circular saw and £24.99 for the charger and battery which I could also use on the £29.99 Impact driver…and more!

seems reasonable to me…

or is it?

Last edited: 6 Mar 2023
  2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

6 of one half a dozen of t'other.
    It ain't great stuff, but it's not terrible either and if it works when you get it home you'll get a good few years worth of casual use.

Obvs. they're built down to a cost, but if you're not expecting Makita quality, back up / customer service and longevity they'll serve as basic DIY grade tools.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They're generally fine for home use. Are they the best? No, of course not. Do you need the best? Probably not.

I'm sure everyone would love to have Makita, DeWalt or Milwaukee tools but, at three to five times the price for one-off or occasional use?

GaryP likes this.
  4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Parkside do some great stuff in their 20V range.

We're Makita at work, but have some really good Parkside gear.

I have a 12V mini circular saw for plywood etc at home, and my Dad has some 20V kit.

He needed an impact driver but wouldn't use it enough to go Makita and bought it for £60 including a battery and charger.

He already had batteries and charges as he had 2 excellent tiltable LED torches and a 2 piece air pump set (HP for tyres and LP for inflatables).

They are fine for DIY/home and lighter work use, but probably won't take the pasting a top tier tool would take.

**EDIT** Seems we have a pretty similar view on this!

GaryP likes this.
  5. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

This, same with their hand tools, handy for in the boot of the car but wouldn't want to earn my living from them.

6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Use and abuse em, when they die just keep your receipt handy, they offer a no quibble returns policy.

IanW likes this.
  7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Most of the Parkside stuff is reasonable for DIY the two exceptions of the ones I've used are the circular saw (battery not up to running it cutting anything more than about 5mm ply) and their mains-powered air compressors.

The circular I'd get a cheap second-hand mains one, try FB marketplace.

Otherwise crack on!

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Almost all of my stuff is parkside and us great for moderate use, only thing I have had that failed was a sander which they would have replaced if I hadn't lost the receipt but I took it apart and fixed it anyway.

I have two circular saws, the big one works fine but you need the 4ah battery really for the small skill saw or you are limited to what thickness you need to cut, is that the one you have Kriklit?

Last edited: 7 Mar 2023
  9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Have to say with my Ryobi's if I run more power hungry tools so impact gun, SDS or circular saw, they really struggle, with a small battery, lob in a 5ah, and they work really well.