1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows PC Games! What now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Thacrudd, 14 Jan 2008.

1. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Well, I've played through alot of PC games recently and I've ran out of things I want to play. Here's what I completed so far:

Crysis
    The Orange Box
    Sim City Societies
    Genisis Rising (SUCKED!):wallbash:
    Quake 4
    World in Conflict
    Oblivion

I'm not in to War games based on actual events/wars (I just think they're wrong) and Bioshock didn't impress me.
    I played through it at a friends house for about 30 minutes and put it down. Any suggestions? Oh and if you have any of these games:

The Witcher
    MS Flight Simlulator
    Unreal 3 (only intereasted in Single Player mode, got 56K)
    Hellgate London

Please give me your HONEST opinion on them because I don't want to sink 50-60 bucks into a game and it suck!

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

what? not impressed by Bioshock?

you really should play more than 30min. and take in the storyline before judging

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

last version of flight sim that I bought was... um... the 2002 version, i think. anyway, the newer ones from what people have told me are just the same thing but with better graphics. and while they do look good, they can get old quick. on the other hand, x-plane at www.x-plane.com has a demo that you can try for about 10 minutes each time you play it. I would suggest you give that a try instead if you like flight sims.

4. Thacrudd

well, I haven't played a flight sim in a long time but the new one looked kinda cool. Thanks Chris!

@wuyanxu - I probobly should've played more of it, you're right. It was on a 360 too, and as we all know FPS should be played on a PC. I certainly did not say the Bioshock was a bad game, I said it "didn't impress me" which merely meant that it didn't appeal to me or I personally did not enjoy it. Mabye I should give it a shot on the PC.

I enjoy console gaming but I picked up my 360 controller to play Mass Effect the other day and I felt...restrained somehow. It was very strange..

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

why dont you try deus ex (the first one). it's really an excellent game when you get over the graphics. just so you know, you need to sink in about an hour into the gameplay to get used to it, but when it picks up pace you should love it. since you played crysis i would say farcry 9 i haven't place it but i've heard good things about it.
    i beleive you can get a free download of the game from filefront but i'ts ad-supported i think, not too sure.
    those are two games for ya. you can get deus ex pretty cheap nowadays and it's really long so you should be pretty occupied and it has multiple endings....blah blah google it for more info.

hope that helped;)

6. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

everyone has there own taste but i have just played and enjoyed call of duty 4 & gears of war

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I have played bioshock way more than 30 minutes, and i find it kind of boring. It was exiting to begin with, but eventually I got bored. I got the feeling that the whole game consists of collecting machine gun rounds, and then emptying magazine after magazine on a big daddy. And yeah, I know i should use the environment, but every method is simply less effective than the machine gun.

It's a good concept, and the story is good, but the gameplay kinda' sucks, really.

8. Thacrudd

My thoughts exactly smilodon :thumb:I started in a savegame of my bud's and it was right before a big daddy and it took forever. It took away from the experience IMHO

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I found what I played of Bioshock to be quite boring as well, before I gave up on it. Twice.

But then again, I hate FPS games in dark environments. The whole attempt at creepy thing wears thin on me, and it just ends up making me irritated and I start screwing around with the gamma. Didn't work for Doom 3, didn't really work for Quake 4 (better, but there wasn't so much in pitch blank), for whatever reason I thought it worked all right in FEAR but then again it used more than just lighting to attempt creepiness.

10. Thacrudd

So yeah, GOW sounds good. I heard it has/will hit the PC platform. What about Asassins creed. What's the console version like? Does anyone have The Witcher?

11. curme

curme Minimodder

The Witcher rocks! I haven't been as excited about a game in a long time. The story is great and it has a dark, unique, feel to it.

Hellgate:London was abysmal, don't waste your time on it.

12. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

Same here, I found it (like you) more dangerous and random to use the environment ...

I am playing this game at the moment:

[​IMG]

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

My thought exactly... After playing Bioshock and Thief deadly shadows for a week or so, I even found Just Cause a relief to play, merely because of it's sunny, tropical atmosphere. Bioshock does wear thin quite quickly, especially after everyone raved about it's lengthy gameplay, and then completely it in around 3 days... A 'lengthy' game to me, is GTA San Andreas. :rock:

14. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 17 Feb 2008
  15. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Hellgate is alright. It's fun if you've got friends to play with, but it's got good pace and can get quite hectic with 4+ players in your party (difficulty scales up dramatically). The problem with the game is that it's too linear (you're bound to the story-driven events and locations) but the graphics are good. The game tends to eat your memory like no tomorrow.

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

agree, especially since they patched it to 1.2..

17. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

18. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

the witcher :thumb:
    aquaria :thumb:

19. Thacrudd

@CardJoe - I read that article and I really enjoyed it. Ahhh Nostalgia....Planetscape and Vampire was great.
    @FaIIen - Aquaria looks interesting. I'm always up for a good side scroller.

I don't believe I will go with Hellgate. You all say the it's better on Multiplayer and unfortunately I only have 56k out in the mountains where I live. I've read mixed reviews on The Witcher and I like to hear from the average Joes and the people who's job is to review games to get more of an idea of what a game is like. I had been considering this one for a while and I believe I will give it a shot! Thanks guys! Please feel free to suggest more though.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I hate that expression.

Tags: