Piercings

Discussion in 'General' started by Alekin, 27 Nov 2004.

1. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

That looks like the method Penski mentioned here Sorta put me off the idea of getting a surface piercing done, but i still wanna do it.

Alex

2. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

i don't get how the surface jewellery is inseted though. i mean the 'normal' method seems to be threading in a way similar to other piercings, though punch and taper is becoming more popular (bme says that the scalpel procedures arent generally available to the public)

if the jewellery is shaped like this:
    Code:

threading it under the skin can't be too easy?

3. Alekin

Alekin Minimodder

I cant see myself how its done either really but it seems better than the standard method.

Alex

4. penski

penski BodMod

Punch and taper isn't readily available...dunno of anyone offering it in the UK (know a couple of people trialling it but they won't go public until they're satisfied that their technique is perfect).

*n

5. penski

penski BodMod

Oh and basically, the |_____| shaped bar just follows the needle through - it just requires the piercer to turn the barbell as it enters the skin.

*n

6. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

sounds like a lot of un-neccesary tearing of flesh to me though. i mean, say the '|' bit is only about 5mm long, thats a lot of flesh being shifted about as opposed to the usuall 1.2mm hole. or, do you mean that the piercer would do this turning when the skin is still clamped (if this procedure would involve a clamp at all :confused: )

if it is clamped, then the method sounds exactly the same as regular piercings, apparently a telltale sign of some amateur not knowing what they're doing. now i'm really confused...

also, i'm assuming the sharp 90degree angles at the sides make surface bars a right pain in the arse to remove?