1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinky2 | Update 04/25 | Text Update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by greywolf, 23 Oct 2004.

?

What color for the Fan Guards? Help me Decide!

Poll closed 1 Dec 2004.
  1. [b]Shiny[/b]

54.1%
  2. White

11.5%
  3. Black

34.4%
  1. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

Polls so far:

Shiny= 11

White= 3

Black= 11

No run away favorites with Shiny and Black tied!

Keep them coming!

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Let it be heard, the lady wants shiny so thats what she should get. Thats my thoughts. Comon greywolf check you email.

3. greywolf

I was there when she cast her vote. She doesn't get everything she wants...but sometimes it's hard to tell :D.

Shiny has pulled in the lead!

BTW I have checked my email!

4. greywolf

Thanks for all the responses to my quest and dilemma!

Well thats pretty definitive. But this young lady's opinion is going to get only as much weight as anybody else's.

Very good. If I were building this case for me...it would be completely different. The point and the challenge is to build the case for my daughter. Excellent point, I actually think White would be the most appropriate, but shiny is still in range and a bit flashier!

Yea, Black and florescent Pink do go well together and the inside of the case is going to be Black.

Thanks for the link TekMonkey, if I have any issues with the color I now know how to deal with it!

An there lies the problem, all three colors seem to work on some level.

Yea, in a way I'm kind of sorry you did too :D. But this is good, it will make the mod that much better that these options are considered "live".

My little case badge bear isn't quite done yet, she's going to get the used-dryer-sheet backing, so black is still in the running (sorry for lack of full information:) ) Good logic though. White, is yet to be used on the case, but it's always been a consideration.

Another definitive answer :). It's a toughie. Your more than welcome to come by and take a peek, but there's that 3,000 mile trip to consider...

A man who knows what he likes, no waffling here...wish I could be that decisive!

5. greywolf

Is this what you meant :)? color test Let me know what you think, the plexi color (in the pixs) is surprisingly accurate.

6. squeck

squeck Lurker

I'd go shiny myself. That is really pink, but the sunglasses helped :hehe:

7. greywolf

Thank God they helped somebody!

Looks like Shiny has pulled in the lead:

Shiny = 21

White = 3

Black = 15

8. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Hooray for shiny

9. McN

McN What's a Dremel?

i want to vote for shiny black :D that would look great.

10. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

Stealing my stuff are ya?! ;) looks good keep it up.

11. greywolf

Well I told you I liked it. Anyway its not the original, I modded it. :)

I've got a poll going at the top of the thread, get your vote counted there!

I got 5US bucks on shiny anybody want to take black?

Funny little aside. I set the poll up to run for 6 days, catch the long weekend and then a couple of days. I thought something was wrong because it says this at the top "This poll will close on 01-12-2004 at 13:10". Well us yanks don't talk about dates that way, we rather like to mix stuff up in an illogical fashion. So I was expecting to see "This poll will close on 12-01-2004 at 13:10". As far as I'm concerned the polls been closed for 10 months now :). I'm a little slow at times it seems. Of course I will stubbornly continue to use this (perhaps incorrect) dating method in my posts. :)

12. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

I vote teh blach.

very nice contrast against the pinknesesss.

also, since i am posting in your thread, I must say, amazing job so far. Thanks for going back and fixing some of the things that didnt look too good, the revisions helped it immensely :)

Did i already ask where you got the perf Al?

13. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I'll take that bet from the man who'll ultimately decide what colour it will be. I'll see your 5 and raise you another 10. :D

Have I voted yet?

[edit]
    I have now.
    [/edit]

14. greywolf

Thanks, It seems I'm doing this mod in layers, no one thing seems to be either completely done or locked in stone. Looks like that's the nature of the beast.

Why yes, you already have asked and I have answered you here.

15. greywolf

So your going to bet on Black? Or join me in betting on Shiny? The poll determines the winner of course I haven't voted yet :).

Apparently you hadn't.

Oh, so your joining me in betting on Shiny!

16. greywolf

Poll Update

Shiny = 29

White = 4

Black = 18

Now I see why people didn't want to bet against Shiny, it appears to have a commanding lead...for now.

Well it's off to work for me. I've gotten quite a bit done on Pinky2 these last 3 days (but of course not as much as I wanted to), but have a couple more hours of work on her before I update. I'm definitely going to do a "bare wire" test of all the LED's lit-up.

17. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Isn't it pointless betting against the man who will decide which can of paint he picks up to spray the grill?

Baaaaa - I'm a sheep. No really, I think the shiny will look best with the teddy logo. Even with the white frosted back I still think the black grill will interfere with the writing on the logo. But then I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

18. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

After seeing all of the colors lined up I think black looks best followed by the shiney. But it seems the people have spoken and we have to give the people what they want. At least I wasn't the only one who liked black. So long black we hardly knew thee.

19. greywolf

Only the Poll Knows...

Well thanks all for participating!

Looks like Shiny won in a landslide victory.

Shiny = 34

White = 7

Black = 22

Black certainly ran a close race in the beginning, but lagged behind there at the end. White really didn't do too shabby (for white), but more than likely stole away potential Black votes :)

Well, I'm guessing you are wondering if I'll slavishly follow the poll results to make my decision...don't worry so am I :)

20. greywolf

I agree, white is a superb choice. I'm surprised more people didn't pick it.

Black put up a great battle.

Well if you think it should be shiny....