1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Poltergeist/macro/virus - my machine is doing random things!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Cleggmeister, 5 Oct 2014.

1. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Hi folks,

Weird one this...

My computer (Win7, fully patched, no malware or virus as far as MSE and Malwarebytes, TDSS Killer and RKill can determine) is randomly clicking on things, opening the Windows search bar and "typing" some of the search strings I was looking for last night.

Nobody's logged in with a remote session, Teamviewer or Google remote control, but it's awfully strange.

If I hover my pointer over something the mouse automatically "clicks" after a short while hence selects whatever I'm hovering over.

I have cold rebooted, checked macros are off, checked Task Manager for anything weird, ran MSConfig and looked for anything weird. But nothing.

My KB/Mouse are MS Sidewinder X4 and X5 respecetively.

Hardware fault? Virus? Gravitational disturbance? Did someone cross the streams?? :)

Any thoughts very welcome.

Clegg (on his Android just now)

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Does it do anything like this when your disconnected from the Internet? Atleast you could rule out someone externally accessing the PC

3. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Good thinking Pookie. I've uninstalled Games FOr Windows Live (which was the only system change since these issues started) and all seems OK - I suspect a Macro issue with the KB/mouse.

All seems normal now, though I'll pop the ethernet out if weirdness returns...