1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Portal 2 Countdown Timer Reaches Zero

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 15 Apr 2011.

1. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

Um, yes. Duh.

Now go play it.

2. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

So after all this the game might launch around 6 hours early, maybe? What they are doing is kinda interesting but I can't really see the point unless it was done over a longer period of time and the difference could be days rather then hours.

If that was the case I might have even done my bit by trying to complete super meat boy :)

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, 6 hours early and loads of people rushed out to spend £30 on a bunch of games just to get it faster. Ludicrous. If we were talking months early I might have been interested...

4. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

Days early at least, just so all this effort had some measurable impact. It's not like it's even going to make much of a difference to those that work... It would either have come out around the time people finish work, or now a few hours earlier, big deal. They could have at least made the difference between a midnight launch or an early evening meaning many would have played it a day earlier.

I like the idea of promoting the Indie games, and also encouraging people to play them, but they took a good idea and implemented it rather poorly which is unusual for Valve. Anyway... Portal 2 tomorrow guys and gals!

5. smc8788

smc8788 ...at least I have chicken

6. Toploaded

Toploaded New Member

Well, it's ready to go! I just came off a night shift so I guess I'm gonna be missing a lot of sleep today whist I have a blast on it, would probably have been better for my sleeping patten if it had just launched tomorrow afternoon :)

7. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Greetings!

Worth a read:

Tags: Add Tags