1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerballs!

Discussion in 'General' started by mushky, 8 Jul 2004.

1. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Has anyone else got one of these? Mine arrived this morning, its been getting passed round the office all day so far. I got about 8500 first time, which cant be bad.

Its great fun, I cant stop playing with it. I reckon my arms are gonna be massive in a couple of weeks!

if you are wondering what i'm talking about clicky

:clap:

2. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Where did you buy your powerball from?
    This sounds very useful as i need to build up my weaker wrists and forearm.
    It also sounds fun! Although that might just be the marketing...

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

it is great fun mate, trust me on that one ;)
    Im sure it will be perfect for building up your wrists and forearms. Mine are throbbing already!

I got mine direct from powerballs.com but you can get them from play as well.

Make sure you get the Pro version as it comes with a counter that you can use to record your best speed on. I got the Blue Neon version which was a few ££ more but well worth it... its got blue LEDs in it that light up while its spinning.

Get one! :D

4. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

5. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

i've found it for £23 delivered in the uk, still umm and ahhing over buying it, after all i'm a bit low on cash :D

6. fg0d

fg0d Banned

im thinknig of buying one, which one to get? there about 7 :(

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Neon Pro blue is nice :)
    you have to get the pro one really, the counter on it is half the fun.

I was quite tempted with the techno one. Its the same as the pro but it has a cool way of displaying the speed on the side of the ball. But I think the neon pro display is much easier to read so I got that one. there are some vids on the powerballs site that you can see them in action.

8. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I must be being slow today but what is it? What does it do?

9. banished

banished Necromodder

Had mine for a few months now. Great fun. At first people ask me "You spent how much on this little ball thing," but after they have a chance to play with it, they all ask where they can buy one from. If anyone in the US is interested, you can get them from the powerball website or from thinkgeek. Oh, and unforunately, they came out with the neon one a week after I got mine :grr:

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I have had my powerball for about 6 months now. I was pointed to a UK 'gadgety' type store in IRC and told I must buy one.

I did and it brought a few hours of fun watching people try and get it spinning.

My best was about 12000 rpm but have been unable to get that fast recently as it is getting a bit worn out I think.

11. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Its got a gyroscope in it. its really hard to explain the experience but basically you start it spinning then holding it in one hand, you spin it round gently (like stirring with a wooden spoon apparently). As the gyro speeds up, the ball starts to exert pressure on your wrist + arms. it gets harder and harder the faster you go. Really hard to explain how it feels but its great fun trying to beat your last score.

my best is 9936 so far. I'm gonna break 10K when i get in from work.. i just need a bit more time with it :p

12. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Heh, this looks pretty funky. Will have to get one of these when I get paid. :thumb:

13. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah I have 2! I got the Orange 250Hz Pro ages ago (got over 12k with that too :rock: ) and I bought a Neon Blue Pro a few months back, but I can't get anywhere near 12k with that one. Who cares though, it looks pretty, especially if you can get that going in one hand and the Saturn Blue Diamond AstroJax in the other :D

I know... I spend too much money on silly glowing stuff...

You never know, if enough people click on the PowerBalls link we might end up with a member of the PowerBalls team signing up to the forums.... if we do, I'd like to point out that I am female and got a score over 12k - go me! ;)

14. mushky

mushky gimme snails

NEVER! :D

15. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

lol what a coincidence i bought i powr ball like this moring then logged on to bit tech and saw the topic should be with me in 3-5 days :p

16. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Just ordered one, if it's all about strength in the wrist I'm well away. ;)

17. mushky

mushky gimme snails

:p

got to remember to use the powerball with both arms to avoid that one-sided popeye look. skinny left arm, massive right arm could be trouble...
    i might have to change my forum nick.

edit - WooT! 10,176 :p getting the technique now.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2004
  18. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

The best thing about them is watching someone try it for the first time. They watch you and think "oh that's eeeeeeasy" then they try and can't get the rhythm right :hehe:

You're never prepared for the way it really pulls on your wrist when it gets going. The faster you get the less you move I've noticed. Or rather the less your wrist/arm moves, your body & face will be contorted into an "I'm in pain, but HAVE to beat that score" grimace.

My boyfriend thinks it's hilarious to start it going and then pass it to me knowing I can't let it stop and I'll keep spinning it until I'm in total agony. Way too addictive.

19. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Are you trying to say that women are generally less capable? ;) (kidding)

Sounds like a cool deal. I'd get one if they were $5.

20. mushky

mushky gimme snails

They offer a lifetime money back guarantee.. If you're not totally happy with it at any point you can send it back for a refund. No reason necessary.
    You cant argue with that.